Revision from RNY to DS Blue Cross CA

ellton
on 12/17/07 10:03 am
You think so Elizabeth?  I read Blue Cross' statement.  It states that I need to have a fistula, obstruction, Leakage or erosion? T
Elizabeth N.
on 12/17/07 2:04 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Diana Hamlet-Cox would know something about this. You could post to her on the DS board or look her up on the people search function and PM her. She's an attorney, a few years postop with the DS, and is very on top of what's currently doable in CA when it comes to bariatric surgery. She's always happy to take a look at someone's insurance stuff and give feedback about how best to go about getting approved or, if you're denied, getting an appeal through.  The state agency that oversees this stuff has set ample precedent of overturning denials for various WLS procedures, and I *think* Diana has said that has included revisions. So what I'm giving you is something like third hand information--just enough to know to send you to someone with some real experience on the subject :-).
jass28
on 12/17/07 10:31 pm - A Town, NJ
I have BCBS of CA and I was approved within a couple of weeks.  Make sure you go to a center of exellence.  That's what they told me on the phone.  As long as I go to a center of exellence I should not have a problem getting approved.

339/318.6/125/155/165
SW/SW/LW/CW/GW      
Revision from Lapband to DS and Had healthy post-op baby, LOVE MY DS!

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/07 2:47 am - Simpsonville, SC
try the ds board.  VERY informative
Most Active