Rejected

ShayZ
on 12/13/07 12:54 am - Somewhere, TX
I just received a phone call from the Restore study.  I was rejected.  I am absolutely devastated.  I am sitting here at work in tears.  I don't know what to do or where to turn.  I was hoping someone could help me but.... Do y'all want to know what the study coordinator just told me? She said, "Go on a diet." If I could have done that shyt then I wouldn't have been a 400lb 19 y/o and I certainly would be stressing now.  I feel like she just slapped me across the face!  I just hate all of this, will it ever end?  Will there ever be a day where I don't stress over every single thing that goes into my mouth or judge how much comes out my body?  I am so tired of this; I'm ready to just chuck it all. Shay
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/07 1:53 am

I'm sorry Shay.  I'm going to message you back now.

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/07 2:46 am
I am very sorry.  But keep watching the trials.  I don't think the RESTORe is going to be the only trial down the road.  Many people are having issues after gastric bypass surgery and companies/hospitals are trying to find ways to deal with us. As for will there ever be a day when you do not stress over single that goes in your mouth?  I honestly do not think so . . . it's our addiction.  And I think all of us reading this board feel this way at least some or most of the time.  My prayers are with you . . .
SophieGrace
on 12/13/07 5:14 am - IL
Shay, the study coordinators aren't usually doctors.  They're researchers, and they have strict criteria that they have to meet. I'm sorry that she was so rude to you, though.  There's no excuse for that. I don't know your history -- you've had WLS but it didn't work for you?   There is another study that you might qualify for.  Just try to keep yourself together.  The ROSE procedure is being done in NYC.  I can't say whether or not you would qualify, but it reduces the size of both the stoma and the pouch. Stay calm and keep us posted.
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/07 5:25 am
SophieGrace-can you tell us more about the ROSE procedure?  Is it listed in clinicaltrials.gov or is there another link you can provide?
Betsy C.
on 12/13/07 5:55 am - Efland, NC
I'm sorry to hear you were rejected.  I'm going for a barium swallow next week, then 3rd week of January for the rest of the assessments, to see if I qualify for the study.  So I'm just curious on what basis you were rejected? Betsy
Cheryl J.
on 12/13/07 8:46 am
Shay what about the EROS procedure study? Did you look into that? The RESTORe isnt the only study. Im having the EROS procedure done on me next week.
SophieGrace
on 12/13/07 8:57 am - IL
I've got the contact info on the EROS procedure at work, and I'll post it early tomorrow morning.

When I spoke with Dr. Herron's office, his assistant called it 'ROSE.'  Either that, or my brain wasn't working right.

(deactivated member)
on 12/13/07 9:06 am
LOL...it might have sounded like ROSE...I was wondering why I hadn't heard of it before...yes I know about EROS...thanks for responding!
ShayZ
on 12/15/07 11:52 pm - Somewhere, TX
Thanks all, for your empathy.  I think the most killing thing about being rejected is that I don't know why.  The coordinator is going on for surgery herself and when she called me she said that she would ask the Mayo Clinic why I was rejected but that if they didn't tell her by the end of Thursday then I wouldn't be able to find out until she came back. I am thinking that maybe my stoma wasn't big enough which is crazy because if it is still under 2 cm then should I be able to gain 20lbs?  If it is still under 2 should I have stopped losing 50lbs short of my goal weight.  I am beginning to think all of this is bull!
Most Active