I need a revision or another surgery!

JRinAZ
on 12/21/07 7:17 am - Layton, UT
Hi there WannaB Thin,  (me too :)) There are probably better illustrations out in Google land but here's one that helped me figure things out.  Hope it helps. http://aboutmso.com/pp/pp-gastricbypass.cfm
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

getinther
on 12/19/07 3:06 am - AL
How did your doctor determine that a recvision was necesssary?
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/07 10:48 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
To be honest with you, he didn't really want to do it at first but I insisted and he said that he was glad he did the revision because I was gaining my weight back and it wasn't because I was overeating, I had a lot of scar tissue that was closing up the hole where the food went down so I threw up any food that was "good" and I could only eat sugar and chips, ice cream, things like that  because they would dissolve and go down easier.   Stay persistent because being overweight is hard on your body and heart, etc.  I am only a few pounds away from my goal weight and sure glad I insisted on having it done. Hugs, Esther
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/07 7:51 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Hi, Did you have the RNY?  You mentioned stomach stapling and with the RNY, the stomach is severed so I was just curious. Hugs, Esther
getinther
on 12/19/07 3:01 am - AL
To be prefectly honest, I don't know what I had.  Idid find out that my surgery was 14 years ago, not eight!  I am so frustrated.
Most Active