I need a revision or another surgery!

getinther
on 12/12/07 2:09 am - AL
Hello, I had gastric bypass surgery almost 8 years ago(stomach stapling) and have gained every pound I lost back!  Unfortunately, information about post surgery was not as available as it is now.  I could not eat solid foods and substituted junk foods instead.  I now weigh 350lbs, walk 3-4 miles a day and overall fell great. Certain foods still make me throw up, and I would have the surgery again, if possible and pay for it if I have to.  Is there any help available for someone like me?  Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/07 3:10 am
The first thing you need to do is find a revision surgeon in your area and schedule an appointment for a consultation.  They will most likely give you an upper GI test to start with to get an idea what's going on with your previous surgery.  (That's where you drink the barium and stand in front of an xray machine and they take pics).  Across the top of this website are links where you can find a bariatric surgeron, hospital, etc. in your area.  Good luck!!
getinther
on 12/12/07 3:24 am - AL
Thanks, I'll try that!
getinther
on 12/19/07 3:05 am - AL
I took your advice and saw a doctor.  He scheduled an EGD, according to him there was no sign of problems witht he previous surgery.  I will have the Barium Swallow done tomorrow. I am hoping it tells me more.
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/07 5:36 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
Hi, I would get a revision to the DS surgery.  I wish I had gotten it done.  I am very happy with my RNY and I am almost at my goal weight but I still wish I had gotten the DS so I would not have to worry so much about gaining the weight back.  This is my first revision from the gastroplasty (stomach stapling) surgery and so far so good but I am still pretty new. If you do decide to get a revision, I would look into the DS. Hugs, Esther
WannaBThin4OnceInM
yLife

on 12/12/07 6:17 am - Delaware County, PA
Just curious all new to me and I am seeking a doctor to have the RNY done but what is this DS you all speak of? The more i read of forums themore I am scared to get any of this surgery done yet I need to. Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/07 6:22 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with

I don't know how to explain the DS but if you go to the DS board, you can learn more about it.  All I know is no one that I know of has ever gained their weight back after the DS surgery. My RNY has been very successful so far but I am just scared of gaining it back down the road.  The DS surgery is more drastic but a lot more successful from what I hear. Hugs, Esther

WannaBThin4OnceInM
yLife

on 12/12/07 6:52 am - Delaware County, PA
Thanks I will try and find the DS forum, I would really like to know all this so I cna be better prepared.  I go tomorrow to meet with the doctor and would liek to get the best surgery to last for life I do not want to ever do this a second time. Thanks Donna
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/07 10:13 pm - TX
On December 12, 2007 at 2:52 PM Pacific Time, WannaBThin4OnceInMyLife wrote:
Thanks I will try and find the DS forum, I would really like to know all this so I cna be better prepared.  I go tomorrow to meet with the doctor and would liek to get the best surgery to last for life I do not want to ever do this a second time. Thanks Donna

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id ,5357/

I am a revision from RNY to DS and yes, it's true. the DS has greater statistics of losing the most % of excess weight and keeping it off.  There are few DS surgeons and even less of those do revisions so it's smart to research all your options before undergoing surgery.

WannaBThin4OnceInM
yLife

on 12/21/07 5:02 am - Delaware County, PA
Would you be able to tell me what the difference is between RNY and DS?  This is all so confusing.  I know bottom line is which ever tool we choose to get it is up to us tomake that tool work  but I want to get the right tool.  However my doctor does nto do the DS and I really am not thinking on changing docotrs for a 3rd time, it is just too much trouble. 
Most Active