Cost of Revision? Self Pay?

sherrigirl98
on 12/4/07 5:48 am - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with
Currently have a VSG...very happy with it...more then happy with it but way into the future if I were to get a revision to a DS or other bypass component..wondering how much this would be for Self Pay....anyone know?

WooHootiHoo! I have made it to 109!!!! A total of 190lbs lost!

Suzanna N.
on 12/11/07 8:21 am - Ocala, FL
Sherri, I would say anywhere between 13000.00 (brazil) to 25000.00 plus (in the US). Dr. Marchesini in Brazil has a great reputation and the pricing is STELLAR. He could convert you to the DS in heartbeat. Suz
sherrigirl98
on 12/11/07 8:58 am - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with

Thankyou Suz! This is just something that I am looking at for possible future reference. Right now I am still losing with the VSG and am happy with it...however frightened to death that I could gain the weight back...so am really thinking of converting sometime down the line.

Some may think I am kinda cuckoo right now to even think of this but it is my decision and I have seen too many failures with some of the other surgeries and I know how I love food...lol. I also started out with a BMI of over 57 and from the reading I have searched...usually this means the second part of the surgery will need to be done at some point.

thanks again!

Sherri

WooHootiHoo! I have made it to 109!!!! A total of 190lbs lost!

Suzanna N.
on 12/11/07 9:19 am - Ocala, FL
I don't think your cuckoo at all. Sounds to me like you have a real fine tuned self awareness and it sounds smart to me to be ready to roll when it is time. I wish everyone looking into these surgeries was as 'on point'. When I had my proximal RNY (9 years ago) I had a BMI of 58 and I really wanted a distal surgery. I knew that was the one I really wanted and would work better for me but the surgeon said I didn't need it. Well darn it.....now I am going to get it, because I DID need it. Because it was right for me. Good luck to you on this. There are several DS folks that can give you the lowdown on various pricing as well. I think a lot of them are self pay because insurance can still be so buggery about the DS. Suz
~~Sami~~ *.
on 12/11/07 10:07 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Suzanne: Are you having your proximal revised to a distal??  Is Dr. Overcash doing your revision or was he your first surgeon? Just curious. :) 

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active