Failed VBG+ GERD = Revision?

TrueCalling
on 11/28/07 12:04 pm - Anacortes

Hi All, I had an open VBG back in 2001 ~ have gained all the weight back.  Now I suffer from extreme GERD and am having my first scope next week.  Here is my question: 

Can I get a revision done at the same time as I get GERD corrective surgery done?  Will insurance cover this type of situation?  I was a self-pay back in 2001 and now I do not have the money to pay.   Anyone experience serious GERD with a VBG?  What did you do to help, other than Nexium? Thanks, Eileen 

godzilla
on 11/28/07 11:03 pm - Israel

Hey there!  Take a look at my profile and my medical adventures. I can't remember how to update my blog, BUT my op was canceled by the doc as he did not feel competent to perform it. I have an appointment with another surgeon on Monday at noon and can update you on my situation. No matter what, I'm here to listen and empathize. Mikimi from Israel [email protected]

TrueCalling
on 11/28/07 11:16 pm - Anacortes
Hi Godzilla, Thanks for responding!  I will be watching your progress and hope everything works out for you with regard to your GERD, it sounds like a bad case of it.  I hope no serious damage has been done.  Keep us posted as I'm sure there are others  who would like to hear about your situation just as I would.  Good lucj on your upcoming  date in Dec! Warmly, Eileen
godzilla
on 11/29/07 5:31 am - Israel

I really need to learn how to update my blog ! if anyone can explain to me I'd appreciate it. My op that was scheduled for December 24 got cancelled by my doc. He did not feel competent to do it after operating on a patient with a similar medical situation as mine. On December 3rd I have an appointment with yet another doc - this will be the 4th doc that I will see since mid-June. Just being thorough.

I'll write more on Tuesday after i meet with the doc.

Prayers to all on our journey to health and comfortableness in our bodies.

Happy Hanuka and A Merry Chrismas!

Most Active