Update - stomaphyx - 3 mos

tina01
on 11/28/07 3:17 am - Wilmington, DE
Hi All, I'd like to update everyone with my experience.  This is strickly my opinion, but I thought I'd share.   It's been 3 months, I've lost approx 25#.  I do feel a lot more restriction after eating a moderately small amount, especially if it's dense protein like we are supposed to be eating.  I had no restriction prior to the phyx and a stoma that was doubled in size.  If I'm eating the junk food  variety,  I can eat tons and  tons and not feel full (I've never dumped).  I do find that once I am full, if I  wait a little while, I can eat more.  The hard part of that is to not eat more,  Period,  just like I've always tried to do.  At my desk after lunch is the worst time for me.  I'm stuck at my desk, bored  most of the time and my 'feel good' is chocolate/sugar.  I know that I am addicted and I wrestle  with that everyday. As far as my health goes, I feel so much better.  My knees and feet are better and I'm more  limber (the gym).  My BP is still high, but I feel like doing things again, going out, seeing people etc.   I'm almost 4 years out from my wls (RNY), I had lost 130 in 21 mos, had all my PS, and gained 40 and climbing.  I'm scared to death I will ruin this too.   So, there's my latest story.  My final thoughts are this:  we can eat our way around any procedure.  I want to not have to be responsible and make the choices.  This is just not how it works, I know.  So I will continue to fight, knowing that I am a work in progress. Thanks for reading if I still have your attention. lol Tina
azlorri
on 11/28/07 3:32 am - AZ
Tina - congratulations on the 25 pounds lost!  That is wonderful.      You did an excellent job of describing the effects I've noticed too (I'm 9 weeks out and about 21 pounds down).     I know I hoped for the magic of the original RNY surgery....but I'm thankful for some fulliness and a CHANCE to stop eating when I know I'm done.  (Even if another helping sounds wonderful and I probably could eat it!) Good luck and keep us posted. Lorri

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ4yMLq/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wQ4yMLq/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

ellton
on 11/29/07 10:03 am
Hi there.  I am interested in the stomaphyx .  Who took care of yours in Arizona? Thanks! Tonya
azlorri
on 11/29/07 10:28 am - AZ
Dr Eric Schlesinger performed my stomaphyx.  He is very nice and seems to be a good surgeon too. Good Luck Lorri
joekidqueen
on 11/28/07 9:12 am - unon, NJ
Hi Tina, I am scheduled for Stomaphyx on 12/3 and just wanted to ask you about the being able to eat tons and tons and also the waiting a while to eat again was this before or after you had the phyx. Sorry I could not follow your write up.  Thanks JQ
tina01
on 11/28/07 11:21 pm - Wilmington, DE

Hi JQ, Sorry about the write up, seems I had a few extra tabs in there. As far as the tons and tons, I was referring to junk foods.  If it's sugar, chocolate, carbs, there's no restriction there.  So, if I do the right thing, I think the stomaphyx works.  It's just all the other factors that play into it.   Hope this helps, and good luck with your! Tina

joekidqueen
on 11/30/07 8:28 pm - unon, NJ

Thanks Tina and good luck to you too! I too want to be succesful at this second try.

findthetruth
on 12/7/07 3:37 pm
Well I feel this is experimental. I hope, as my doctor says, this is a procedure for me. I hope I can make my goal. Its really important for me...once I do I think I can conquer this.
Most Active