Sleeve revisions

BAShinn
on 11/26/07 7:37 am - AR
VSG on 11/17/07 with

Anyone revised from the sleeve to something else? 

Bridget    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad.  An optimist is a man who hopes they are.  ~Chauncey Mitchell Depew
SW: 275   
CW: 225   GW: 150

Total lost: 50 lbs.

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/07 9:42 pm - TX
I've heard of some who have had the sleeve first, then get the switch part of the DS a few months later.  I know one girl personally and she couldn't be happier with it.
sherrigirl98
on 12/2/07 1:26 pm - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with

Good question Bridget...ya know I love my sleeve and I think at the time it was the best choice for me....but I lurk out occasionally on the DS boards ...what a hilarious group of girls by the way..lol and I get soo envious because these DSers can eat whatever they want..pretty much whenever they want it seems....no big time dieting...no "working the tool"....The surgery works for them...The tool works for them...It does not sound like there is the constant thinking going on about eating too many carbs...or fats or counting all these calories..I have to constantly remind myself of this...drives me crazy...I love carbs...bread..pasta..I love food period. Or I would not be here...my food loving days brought me here.

So I think for me because I have such a HUGE sweet tooth sometimes..that I hope to see that the DS is in my future. It maybe a couple of years from now...but once I lose my weight..I don't ever want to gain it back...ever. I think this would just make me feel more secure to go ahead and get the second part of the procedure done.

I think if I had gotten it all done in the beginning..I may have had some health problems...I was a pretty big girl at less then 5 ft tall. I was suffering from some sleep apnea and was very short of breath all of the time....So I have no regrets about doing the sleeve first but the DS sure looks promising to me in the future.

I love my sleeve...I am so proud of it and so happy I got it. I have lost 85 lbs since my journey began and 64 since surgery three months ago...just made it to 214 today..yeah! I know I made the right choice at the time for me. It was either that or I seriously think I would have died from my weight..either the depression from the pain or my health would have gotten me. I just want to make doubly sure my weight STAYS off! I am so scared to gain it back...it just petrifies me that this could all be a short dream for me. I am a food a holic..I know this. tonite I even just ate a damn twix candy bar. And I kept that sucker down too....had one helluva stressful day...that tasted soooo very good. lol

Now to figure out a way to get insurance to cover this in the future....I need to find a job that has good insurance coverage for a future revision. But this is all future stuff...Right now I am very pleased.

Sorry this is so long...but the DS has been on my mind for SUCH a long time now...even before my sleeve I was asking the questions but at the time we did not have good insurance and only really had enuf money for the first part to be done.

WooHootiHoo! I have made it to 109!!!! A total of 190lbs lost!

Most Active