Dr. says revision success not as good!!!

Flor_Bellas
on 11/26/07 9:25 am - Miami, FL
Hi Slugworth, I can't find much information locally in Miami, can you point me in the right direction?  I'm still leaning towards RNY, but if I find something that will suit me better than RNY I'll certainly consider it.  Thanks!
slugworth
on 11/26/07 10:08 am - Stanwood, WA
Yes, there is  an MGB doctor in Florida, not Miami though. Go to http://www.clos.net to get started and also http://www.mgbhelp.com Take care. -Van
Flor_Bellas
on 11/26/07 1:05 pm - Miami, FL
Hi Van, Thanks for the info.  When I went to the webpage I recognized it, I had researched it when I was considering the band 2 years ago.  I appreciate the info, but it is not for me.  I'm still leaning towards RNY.  You seem to be doing very well.  Good luck and stay in touch, I would love to hear about your progress.  Happy Holidays Van! -Maria
slugworth
on 11/26/07 1:17 pm - Stanwood, WA
Yes, well Happy Holidays to you as well. I try to keep my page updated when I can on here. Good luck on your decision!
darnell239
on 11/28/07 11:14 pm - Columbia, SC
You said that you researched the mini gastric bypass (mgb) a few years ago.  Can you tell me why you decided not to have this particular surgery?  I had the mgb almost 8 years ago and I am looking into a revision.  I just like to hear other people thought about this surgery type.
Flor_Bellas
on 11/29/07 9:52 am - Miami, FL
Hi Darnell, The reason I didn't go for it was because the research I read at the time didn't convince me.  For me it wasn't right so I opted for the Lap-Band because I was scared of the RNY.  Now I regret not getting the RNY.  I have my Nut appt. next week and my Psych eval on the 17th of Dec.  I'm so Psyched! (no pun intended).
slugworth
on 12/3/07 2:21 pm - Stanwood, WA
Hi Darnell, I have seen you post and I have a question. Have you thought about going to DR R in las vegas or Dr P in Florida for your revision? I am not sure who did your original surgery but the do MGB revisions. They can tighten up the stomach and bypass more so you will lose weight again. Just curious. Take care. Van
darnell239
on 12/3/07 7:41 pm - Columbia, SC
Hi Van, Yes, I have thought about going to Dr. Ruthledge and Dr. P but their are several problems.  First, of all Dr. R did my original surgery.  He is located in Las Vegas and I live in SC.  The distance is too far and what if I have complications after surgery.  The biggest problem is that he no longer accepts insurance and I cannot self pay.  Dr. P does not do revisions.  I have already called and asked.
slugworth
on 12/4/07 1:27 am - Stanwood, WA
Makes sense to me. The self pay thing is really hard. It seems like insurance likes to pay for the RNY and maybe the lap band but the MGB, no way. -Van
melati
on 12/8/07 4:13 pm - Miami, FL

The mini RNY is not approved by the ASBS

Most Active