Any Kaiser pts out there?

Carrie Stockwell
on 11/14/07 5:35 am - Dublin, CA

I'm in Northern Cal and have Kaiser. I am researching a revision. Had my RNY with Kaiser in San Diego in 2004. Does anyone know if Kaiser covers revisions? I have gained 50#, the last 25# since Feb 2007. I started Weigh****cher in Feb 07 and have gained 25# since.  I walk constantly and recently went back to  the gym.  I feel FAT. I feel like I weigh over 300 again and I hate it!   I don't know if I am a candiate for a revision. I just don't know what to do. I thought by joining WW it would help me get back on track. I stay within my daily WW points and still feel hungry. I'm eating healthier, but I feel like I never had surgery.  ugh!!!

ocgurl143
on 11/15/07 1:30 am - anaheim, CA
Hello ! I currently have Kaiser and am switching to Aetna PPO as of January 2008.  I had RNY in 2001 and was looking for a revision, so I went to my PCP with Kaiser in Orange County and they are sooooo against  any elective surgery that they REQUIRE you go thru a 6 month program with them (healthy eating, excercise) and then go thru another 6 month weight loss program (Medifast) to prove that you can't lose weight on your own. It really is quite tedious, and I got thru about a month of Medifast bc of my original surgery I couldnt keep the drinks down.   Since it was open enrollment at work, and PPO was only about $25 more a month, I opted for Aetna PPO. I have already called Smart Dimensions and will be scheduling an appointment for the beginning of the year. She did tell me to get all my tests BEFORE my Kaiser insurance expires so the transition will be even smoother.  I know its a lot of info, but I hope it helps ! Take Care !!
Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/25/07 2:13 pm - Tuvalu
Kaiser TRIES to get everyone to follow their rules.  But the State Department of Managed Health Care frequently overturns Kaiser's denials for the DS...so I suppose they can be forced to do other procedures they don't want to do.  (Of course, the Kaiser doctors don't do the DS, so that means that the patients go outside Kaiser and Kaiser has to pay...not such a bad thing.) Anyway, advice on how to get around Kaiser is available on the DS board.  We have some smart cookies over there. Sue

In any group of a hundred people, there are probably 2 or 3 sociopaths.  In a group of a thousand, more like 20-30.  They function very well in "affinity groups," where people have things in common and tend to trust strangers.  I am NOT saying not to trust anyone.  I AM saying that there are probably two dozen sociopaths hanging out here and looking for victims.  Most are NOT serial killers.

Read: www.sociopathicstyle.com/traits/classic.htm

zsflower
on 12/5/07 9:28 am, edited 12/5/07 9:28 am - Elk Grove, CA

I'm planning a revision from band to RnY, but I guess I still think about the possiblity of revision to DS.  I haven't gotten anywhere with Kaiser!  Do the "smart cookies" on the DS board have experience with Northern Cal Kaiser?  You can PM me if you want. Sandy

Carrie Stockwell
on 11/26/07 12:56 am - Dublin, CA
Thanks for your replies. I was able to get a referral from my PCP to SSF Kaiser's Bariatric Dept. I'm going to start with a dietician. I'm thinking this is a bariatric dietician and not a "regular" one...or atleast this person is educated wtih the surgery.
Most Active