Was it worth it?

luv2ride
on 11/10/07 6:37 am
I had a bypass about 12 years ago.  I have gained quite a bit back and have consulted with a surgeon regarding a revision.  I am going to have to have knee replacement pretty soon, but would like to have this surgery first.  Just looking for some advise about the revision surgery.  Was it worth it? What  kind of revision did you have?  Did anyone else have problems with their knees due to the excess weight? Did the surgery really help??  Thanks
Pattik
on 11/13/07 1:18 am - Detroit, MI

Wow!!! I thought I was reading my story, I too had the "stomach stapling" surgery about 12 yrs ago in New Hudson, Mi, I had lost about 150 lbs, did great, went back to work at a very stressful job, not only did I start smoking again but gain the weight back due to the stress from the job, Before I had the first surgery I had none of the other problems i was just fat.....now 12 yrs later I've gained the weight I lost plus more, I'm now a Diabetic, Hypertension, and my knees are killing me so I want to have the knee replacement surgery also.  I've been on disability for 1 yr and now my Medicare will finally kick in this December, so now the hunt is on for me as well to find a doctor in Michigan that will do the Revision with only Medicare as my insurance. 

readyandwaiting
on 11/29/07 8:18 am - OK
My story is just about the same, except for the fact mine was only 5 years ago. I lost 150 lbs and LOVED life. Felt great and then before I knew it, I have gained back 80 of the 150. I have been researching the lap band over the gastric bypass. The surgeon that I have found seems to think I will do well. I am just praying for the best. I am already tired of this and DO NOT want to gain back the rest that I had lost. Doing all of my test now-and will have to wait to see what the insurance company says.
Kim C.
on 12/15/07 3:28 am - Near Ottawa, Canada
I currently have the RNY and am looking into getting the DS.  My reasons are with the RNY you can not eat any carbs or you will gain weight, you also can not eat much at all.  With the DS you options are much better, plus you can continue to take SAIDS which help alieve joint pain.  Plus gaining weight with a DS is much more unlikely than with a RNY.  I am not happy with my RNY at all and have chosen to get the DS.
YOU CAN ONLY TAKE IT ONE DAY AT A TIME

Kim

Most Active