Confused about Revision

KEEWEE
on 11/6/07 1:01 am
Good Morning all!  I have some questions I hope someone can help with. I had an RNY 5 years ago and never lost enough weight and now I have gained back 50lbs. I had a consultation with Dr Inman  at St V's Oct. 1st for a revison to duodenal switch. She advised me she would schedule an endoscopy to see what was going on and she advised against the switch & reccommended a RNY Distal something or the other (can't remeber to well, I only saw the Dr for about 5 minutes). As of today I have heard back nothing from her office.

I have called & left 2 messages & no one has returned my call...I know they are extremely busy, but 
I'm suprised they have not scheduled the endoscopy. I would think they would want to see if there is anything wrong first before sending my approval request to my insurance company. In case there is something wrong they could tell the insurance co. that surgery is medically necessary, which would be a better chance of approval. Plus I have not scheduled a phyc eval. ...wasn't sure if I need one since I have done this before. I would ask them if I could get them to return my call.

So I guess I'm asking...do I need a phyc eval. with a revision and do you think they are holding back my insurance approval until the endoscopy? I should also mention Dr Inman is having me for 3 months keep a food diary, meet with the dietician and attend support group meeting. Any feedback would be greatly apprecitated!! Thanks for listening and sorry so long.  KeeWee AKA Christy
ShayZ
on 11/9/07 5:35 am - Somewhere, TX

Hi KeeWee, I just started this process even though the doc appointments have moved very quickly for me...because I mentioned the magic words (insurance changing) now for me it is but not the provider or the majority of the coverage...I just didn't tell the docs office that.  I contacted them on the 15th of Oct and have had my psych eval, nutritional consult, upper GI and meeting with the doc.  I go on the 20th for my endoscpe.  Maybe the threat of insurance backing out will light a fire under their butts!  Hope this helps.

KRWaters
on 11/12/07 2:19 am - Manteca, CA
Several people on the duodenal switch forum have Dr. Inman for a doctor. Someone there should be able to answer your question on why it takes so long for dr or her office to call you back. Come to our board and check us out. Really, we don't bite.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active