What should I do

Erica P.
on 10/31/07 10:56 pm - Staten Island, NY
I do not think that you are too far out to start losing again.  It will take a little longer for you to lose but I truly think that its possible.  Please speak with your surgeon to look at all of your options.  If a revision is needed then go through the process to see if its right for you at this time. Erica
"Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels"
"If at first you DO succeed- try not to look too amazed!"

"I am anointed. I can accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I am equipped and empowered by the Creator of the universe! I am able to live the abundant life God has in store!"
Vivian Prouty
on 11/2/07 12:41 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Sweetie, First off.....You are NOT a failure.   You lost 100 lbs !!!!!   That is alot.    So you got off track and gained 10 lbs back.   That just means that you need to concentrate on getting in your protein and focusing on what is going into your mouth that shouldn't be.    My Surgeon told me that at the one year mark that most patients gain back 10% of their lost weight if they aren't extremely careful.   Are you exercising??????  IF not.....getting up and moving and moving alot is part of the secret to keeping the weight off.   Also you might try going back to basics and doing protein shakes or bars and keep your protein levels up and exercise up and carbs and calories way down.   I wish you lots of luck and I will keep you in my prayers that you again will soon be on the loosing side. Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 11/4/07 9:50 pm - Slimmin on Down, PA
thanks
"FOOTPRINTS IN THE SANDS OF TIME WERE NOT MADE BY SITTING DOWN"-UNKNOWN
smittygirl
on 11/3/07 6:57 pm - Bridgeport, CT

Oh please girlfriend, A failure? I am just 2 years out on October 5th from my gastric bypass surgery. I went in at 295 lbs only got down to 216 lbs then completely stopped losing weight. As a matter of fact I haven't lost a single pound since I was about 11 months out. I actually gained almost 30 lbs. 26 to be exact. I had an upper GI and an endoscopy done twice and each time the Dr. says that neither my stoma nor my pouch have stretched at all. They are both perfectly intact at just the right size. So can you tell me how i'm gaining weight instead of losing or even staying at one weight? I am so frustrated. I don't know what to do. My surgeon acts like he doesn't think a revision is the right solution for me but he's not the one carrying all this. So, when you find a way to lose your 10 lbs, please let me know how you did it. You are not the failure. Just be careful because you'd really be upset if you had to ask to borrow back your old larger size clothes or even had to buy a larger size and cut out the size tag thinking that nobody will notice that you are wearing a bigger size. Yes, it's to that!!

mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 11/4/07 9:48 pm - Slimmin on Down, PA
Thanks for the advice and i am sorry to hear about your situation. I pray that everything goes well for you. Keep me updated and I will do the same. Thanks
gloriafb
on 11/4/07 1:19 am - KS
Sweetheart like everyone has been saying "you are NOT a failure" this happens to a lot of us, me included. I had my surgery in March of 2002, I lost 120 lbs in 1 yr and have gained back 60lbs. The thing that makes me think that it is not the procedure but ME is that I still get full at very little food. I simply do not exercise like I should and my metabolism has slowed to a crawl, plus I am having MAJOR relationship issues which have completely thrown me off track. I am now trying the "lower carb" way of eating and have started back exercising and I truly believe this will get me back to losing again. I don't know if you are experiencing things or "people" that might be getting in the way of you losing your weight, I know for a fact that I was plotted on and the person sabotagged my efforts but  I feel that I can get back on track now that I know what is going on and how to gurard against it. God bless and keep you. Good luck and keep me posted how you are doing Gloria
mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 11/4/07 9:49 pm - Slimmin on Down, PA
I know what you mean. I was in a really bad relationship and I think that messed me up alot but I am a better situation now. I know what I gotta do and i am going to stop beating myself up and do it. Thanks for the love and best of luck to you
Most Active