What should I do

mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 10/31/07 1:39 am - Slimmin on Down, PA
I hate to admit it but I am a failure. I failed and I hate myself for it. I will be two years out in February. I have lost about 100lbs and I have gained ten back. I have not had any weight loss in a lonnngggggggggg time. I still want to lost 90lbs. My question is should I look into having revision surgery, and if so do insurance company usually cover it? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
"FOOTPRINTS IN THE SANDS OF TIME WERE NOT MADE BY SITTING DOWN"-UNKNOWN
Proud Military Mom
on 10/31/07 4:13 am - Reno, NV
Before you beat yourself up that your a failure, go see your surgeon.. keep a food diary see what your eating.. and step back.. remember when you just had surgery? Do it again.. with only a 10lb gain you might find starting over is all you need to do..  But mostly talk to your surgeon make sure there's not a physical reason.. and mostly do not beat yourself up and call yourself a failure...  Good luck

If you can't stand behind the troops... stand in front of them... PLEASE!

mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 10/31/07 4:39 am - Slimmin on Down, PA
Thank you
ShayZ
on 10/31/07 4:23 am - Somewhere, TX
I am not sure that I am the right person to answer you, since I am currently trying to make the same decision after gaining 20 lbs back.  But what I can tell you is after my 2nd year, I was at the same weight plus or minus 10 pounds.  I still had (at the time) 60 lbs to lose to get to where I wanted to be and had always been above my surgeons goal for me but I was okay with that flucuation.  It was when I couldn't get the weight to come off no matter how diligent or militant I became this year that I started to panic.  I guess I am saying that I would be so quick to proclaim failure.  See if going back to the basics will help out; I spoke to a surgeon yesterday and he said that after 18 months is when the dumping and adverse events associated with eating stop and usually when people start gaining their weight back.  See if you don't do like some of us (and I am including myself) and veered way away from what we know is right. Hope I helped
mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 10/31/07 4:43 am - Slimmin on Down, PA
Thanks. You have been a big help! Good luck to you as well
Shawnta H.
on 10/31/07 4:53 am - Ellicott City, MD
I just sent you a pm!  Shawnta
darnell239
on 10/31/07 6:08 am - Columbia, SC
Maybe you could try weigh****chers to get you back into the swing of things.  Remember weight management is a never ending battle.  Try to get things into control now so that the 10 doesn't turn to 40 or 50.
mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 10/31/07 10:49 pm - Slimmin on Down, PA
Yeah I was talking about that with my friend. She is doing it and I told her to make me copies of the stuff so that I can do it. I also cut back my hours on my second job so that I can go to the gym more. Thanks for the advice
Erica P.
on 10/31/07 12:10 pm - Staten Island, NY
Hey girl, You are NOT a failure. I too have not made goal or near goal and i am 3 years out. i have tried to go back to basics and that has not helped. I am trying Atkins as I wait for some paperwork to see another surgeon as I moved too far away to see my original surgeon. I want to get an upper GI and see what my options are. Stay strong girl!!!! Erica
"Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels"
"If at first you DO succeed- try not to look too amazed!"

"I am anointed. I can accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I am equipped and empowered by the Creator of the universe! I am able to live the abundant life God has in store!"
mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 10/31/07 10:50 pm - Slimmin on Down, PA
Thanks Erica. I really do know what I need to do but the question is am I too far gone to change it now meaning would I need a revision to start all over again, Good luck and keep me posted and I will do the same
Most Active