My Stomophyx Was Done!

Nannette
on 11/11/07 10:50 pm - Toms River, NJ
Sorry - I dont know what the diagnosis code was.  My BMI is not over 35, only at 32; hence Aetna would not consider me for a revision at all despite my enlarged stoma.  If in fact the BMI were over 40, I would be eligible for a revision but I would have to go thru 6 month multi displinary plan again, etc. to qualify -- same ropes jumped thru the first time. At this time, I am disappointed in the stomophyx, it does not battle head hunger at all -- I do feel more of a restriction, but the result is subtle.  It has been very hard staying on the transitional diet for four weeks - one week to go -- only have lost 9 pounds thus far.  Very disappointing. Good luck

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Nina K.
on 11/12/07 12:57 am - Simi Valley, CA
HEY! 9 LBS. IN ONE MONTH.THAT IS WONDERFUL., I UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION. I SEE PEOPLE ON WEIGH****CHERS LOOSE THAT AND MORE. MAKES ME VERY FRUSTRATED.  BUT. YOU STILL LOST 9 LBS. 9 LBS GONE FOR GOOD! WAHT IS TRANSITIONAL DIET? I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS. DO YOU HAVE TO EAT A SPECIAL DIET FOR 4 WKS?   DONT YOU GET AND STAY FULL LONGER NOW?  WOULDYOU RECOMMEND THE STOMAPHYX AT THIS TIME? IF YOU KNEW THIS WAS THE RESULT. WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IT? I HAVE APT. WITH DR. TO DISCUSS PUTTING LAP BAND OVER MY GASTRIC BYPASS. SO SORRY FOR MY BEING NOSY. I JUST WANT TO TRY TO FIND AS MUCH AS I CAN ABOUT  THIS. I AM SO DESPERATE. WAITING YOUR SOONEST, NINA 
Nannette
on 11/16/07 2:05 am - Toms River, NJ
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Thanks for your encouragement, but I have still not lost anything more, and although I feel some restriction -- it is not overwhelming.  At this time, I cannot recommend the Stomophyx based on my experience.  While I was not 100% compliant, I did pretty good, but I had hoped for more of a restrictive feeling and the disappearance of the head hunger, similar to after my RNY initially.  No such luck. I would consider the lapband over the bypass if I qualified for that -- MY BMI is simply not high enough -- it has to be over 40 for them to do that. In any case, keep me posted and good luck in your journey. Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Most Active