My Stomophyx Was Done!

Nannette
on 10/26/07 5:14 am - Toms River, NJ
Hi guys -- just wanted to keep those of you who are interested up to date.  I had a Stomophyx with Dr. Garber in NY on Tuesday of this week.  The upper endoscopy showed that my pouch appeared normal for 4+ years post RNY at 70ml capacity, but that my stoma diameter was 2.5cm. Dr Garber took 17 sutures (or pleats) in my pouch and stoma area, and although the feeling of  restriction is different from RNY, there definately is that feeling.  The night before surgery, I weighed in at 197.6 and this morning weighed in at 189.2 -- a loss of just over 8 pounds.  It's a start.  I hope to lose enough to be able to maintain a goal weight of between 150 and 160 pounds. I returned to work yesterday - very mild discomfort, not much to speak of.  Here's hoping this works for me! I'll keep you all posted during the next few months! Thanks for your support. Hugs, Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/07 5:48 am
Thanks for letting us know Nannette.  Glad all went well and happy losing!!  I look forward to your updates.
Erica P.
on 10/26/07 7:01 am - Staten Island, NY
Congrats! I am really happy for you. Keep the updates coming. Erica
"Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels"
"If at first you DO succeed- try not to look too amazed!"

"I am anointed. I can accomplish my dreams. I can overcome any obstacle. I am equipped and empowered by the Creator of the universe! I am able to live the abundant life God has in store!"
goldenswan
on 10/26/07 11:30 am - PA
Great to hear your doing good. I have a ? Does the insurance pay for this type you had done or is it out of the pocket. I need it done    Ty GBU Kay

miscellaneous_572-1.gif 

Nannette
on 10/28/07 7:41 am - Toms River, NJ
Insurance denied me as the procedure was too experiemental, and also that my BMI wasn't over 40 so I wasn't a candidate for a revision.  I self payed.  So the credit cards are high once again -- oh well~  so be it, if this will work for me. Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

~ Dana ~
on 10/26/07 3:34 pm - Henderson, NV
Hi Nannette....I was thinking of you the other day and wanted to hear how everything went.  I am so glad to hear it went well and a loss of 8 lbs already, thats great!!!  Keep us posted on how things are going.   Take care, Dana
Nina K.
on 11/2/07 7:50 am - Simi Valley, CA
how are you doing. was wondering when u say different fleeing from RNY. what is different? I had RNY and want stomaphyx. hoping to get insurance to cover.Aetna PPO. FOund a Dr 5 hours away. have apt for consult Nov 20th. waiting your soonest. sincerely nina
Nannette
on 11/4/07 10:21 pm - Toms River, NJ
Hi Nina -- still holding steady at 7 pounds loss total.  Feeling is different that after RNY I had absolutely no head hunger for six months -- Now, I still have the head hunger which I am trying to fight.  As for physical difference, after RNY, I would get a tight uncomforgtable feeling mid chest between my breasts when I was full and if I took another bite, it would be painful.  Now, the feeling is just an ache on the left side, kind of under my left breast and it is just a tightness, but no pain.  I can take another bite and feeling doesn't change at all. I also have Aetna POS and they denied me outright -- first by saying that since I had lost signficant weight after my RNY, it wasn't a failure of the surgery.  Then, after receiving the reports that my stoma had enlarged, they said I didn't qualify for a revision since my BMI wasn't over 40, and finally denied me outright as procedure being too experimental. Hope you have better luck. Hugs, Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

Nina K.
on 11/4/07 11:24 pm - Simi Valley, CA

hello. thank u so much for your urgent reply. i have aetna PPO. is that the same as you have. I was reading my plan. If you lost weight and were successful and your stoma enlarged (defective). Aetna will consider revision.  they say if you tried several other diets and BMI is 35+ they will consider. I gained 60 pounds as of today. its just killing me.  i eat more than people who did NOT have RNY. i have terrable head hungry. does the stomaphyx help you feel that full feeling longer? are you glad you did it. i think you should still fight your insurance co. please keep me posted on your progress. are you on any special post op. eating plan? i would love to know what you are eating daily.  waiting your soonest.

i have apt end of Nov to talk to a Dr at U.C. Irvine Medical Center. That is about 4 hours away from me. CLoses I could find. DId you consider putting a LAP on to your RNY?  My doctor mentined that as well. dont know what to do. but, i must do something.  it is just awful to have RNY and be a failuer. i did not want to be in this 15% weight gain. i feel physically worse than before I had RNY.

sincerely, Nina

Nina K.
on 11/5/07 12:47 am - Simi Valley, CA
sorry to bother you again. my insurance will not cover this for obesity. may i ask what your doctor put for diagnosis code? aetna is giving me a tuff time. they wont even talk to me about this.
Most Active