I'm in the CENTURY CLUB!!

AngieB67
on 10/23/07 10:49 pm - Bel Air, MD
Well, well, well.... I went to my Dr's office for my monthly follow-up visit and was SHOCKED when I got on the scale and the nurse said you've lost a total of 101 pounds!! WHAAAAAAT!!!  I'M IN THE CENTURY CLUB???  GET OUTTA HERE!!   I am still in a state of shock and disbelief!! It's been 8 months since my revision. At first, the weight was coming off slowly.  But the last few months, the pounds have been rolling off! So much so that I stopped paying attention to the scale and that's why I was surprised when the nurse told me my weight. I haven't been this small since college!  And if I am able to lose about 30 more pounds, I'll be close to what I was in high school and at a NORMAL weight!!  WHOA!! Life is good!

---------------------------------

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/07 11:06 pm
Congratulations!!!  I'll bet you feel GREAT!!   What were you revised from?  I couldn't tell from your profile....
AngieB67
on 10/23/07 11:29 pm - Bel Air, MD
Thanks Lullaby!  I had a VBG back i*****

azlorri
on 10/23/07 11:07 pm - AZ
Congratulations!!!  That is wonderful news and something to be very proud of!   (It really doesn't matter how long it takes to get the weight off...AS LONG AS IT'S OFF!!!) Way to go!!! Lorri
JROLFSON
on 10/24/07 1:18 am - St. George, UT
Hi Angie: Great News for YOU! Can you elaborate a little bit on what you had done. I had a RNY back in 1990 and look to have a Revision but as yet haven't decided what to go with. Your comments would so be appreciated. Thanks  JRolfson
AngieB67
on 10/25/07 8:35 am - Bel Air, MD
Sure! I opted to have a Duodenal Switch done.  Because of my previous surgery and scarring, having it lap was not an option for me.  And my surgeon was quite candid in letting me know that depending upon the nature of my scarring and how much was present, he might have to modify the surgery to be an RNY.   Fortunately, the scarring wasn't bad and he was able to do the DS with little problem.  I was blessed to also have no complications either!  My recovery was smooth and incident free. Good luck with whatever way you decide! HTH!!

LeaAnn
on 10/24/07 6:41 am - Huntsville, AL
ShayZ
on 10/25/07 7:52 am - Somewhere, TX
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am crying tears of joy on your behalf!
Most Active