Revision with BMI under 35

ShayZ
on 11/1/07 12:05 am - Somewhere, TX
Hey I hear you.  My mom currently doesn't have health insurance because she lost her job when at Katrina and even with a Masters degree has not been able to find applicable employment so she is substitute teaching.  She actually belongs to two discount plans that allow her to be able to go to the doctor.  Luckily we have not had to incur any major expenses but she wants lapband and I am looking for ways to possibly pay for hers and mine.  I just found out from my insurance company that although an MRI for breast health is covered as a perfectly normal expense (I am falling apart y'all...you have never seen someone so happy to see October come to an end); revisions as such aren't even addressed and without a BMI of 40 (and Darnell while I am willing to not be militant and gain enough to get to 35; girl you know 40 is out of the question) so it looks like I am a self pay.  But I have to ask myself if my health and peace of mind is worth more to me than 15K.  It is, but everyone please pray that I can get into a study of some kind too.
AuntNiesie
on 10/31/07 12:24 am - lindon, UT
I found out the insomnia was from the Thyroid.  The low iron just made me exstremely exhausted all the time which thyroid can do also. I am new at looking into this revision side of weight loss.  I never thought after 9 years I would be doing this.  What is EROS?  And, can they do a lap band if you have already had an RNY Bypass or should I maybe look at the Stomaphyx?
darnell239
on 11/2/07 1:48 am - Columbia, SC
Yes, you can have a lap band put in place if you have had previous bypass.  However, I heard the weight loss is slower due to the fact you already have a smaller stomach vs someone who has a normal size stomach.  I notice alot of people have difficulty sleeping after surgery and I am one of them.  Do think it could have somthing to do with the surgery?
AuntNiesie
on 11/2/07 1:52 am - lindon, UT
I spoke with a Dr. Cotam yesterday and he is starting to do a procedure on patients that have had the Gastric RNY by doing an injection similar to that done on vericos veins.  It will shrink the intestine where it attaches to the smaller stomach.  He had had success so far but it is still new.  It costs only about $1000 and needs to be done 1 - 3 x's depending on how it works on you.  The only side affect could be is if he does it too small.
ShayZ
on 11/2/07 7:27 am - Somewhere, TX
I have never heard of this.  Do you know anymore details about it or can you tell me where to go to find out? I am on a never endig quest for weight loss.
Most Active