Just Phyxd.

Stomaphyxd
on 10/8/07 2:15 am
I just had the Stomaphyx last week.  I have had some normal issues (pain, minor nausea, headaches).  My fluid intake is no problem.  I am losing 2 lbs per day.  I was wondering if anyone knows if that seems normal (good or bad).  I am happy with the results.  I am on 3 week liquid diet so I am only doing soups, protein drinks, and other fluid.   I am having some pain in my right side about (3 to 4) inches to the right of my belly button.  I thought it might be constipation but that isn't the case since I did a laxative.  Does anyone know if Stomaphyx has been shown to cause IBS?   My results seem very similar to the results I have read online but I wanted to just aks.  I am happy so far.  This is a tool to help me get myself back on track and I am happy to have had this opportunity.
jonathan R.
on 10/8/07 12:09 pm - east meadow, ny
I had the stomaphyx by Dr. Garber in NY over 2 months ago and already lost about 40 pounds.  I think it is amazing.  I am always full and unable to eat very much.  In fact I needed an endoscopy to clear out my pouch last week because it was too tight and the food couldn't pass.  Dr. garber was really happy this happened to me and he said when he did the endoscopy that the pouch looked just as tight has 2 months prior when he did the procedure.  I think there are so many variables that go into the success of the procedure.  The first being surgeon experience Dr. garber said he as already did over 50 of these procedures.  I also think motivation on my part has helping with my success.  When I was on soft foods Id din't get very restricted either until I started solid foods and my pouch is really tight.  i will keep everyone updated but so far recommend the procedure highly but chose your surgeon carefully.
joekidqueen
on 10/8/07 12:12 pm - unon, NJ
HI, are you a self pay ? Thanks
jonathan R.
on 10/8/07 12:16 pm - east meadow, ny
No my insurance covered the whole procedure.  Dr. Garber's office was amazing with getting the insurance approval very fast.
Stomaphyxd
on 10/8/07 12:53 pm
What type of insurance do you have? - I was curious.  I am doing well with my liquid diet.  Losing about 2 lbs per day.  I had Dr. Overcash in Florida.  My insurance paid for some of the procedure but I am sure I will have a bill coming soon!  I am very happy with my decision to have Stomaphyx.  The good thing about the procedure is I am NOT hungry at all.  I have been having "head" hunger but not really any real hunger.   The hardest part for me has been I miss "chewing" it is a habit I am sure.  I am really not missing "food" only the act of eating.
pepsi98
on 1/14/08 7:33 pm - Norwich, CT
What insurance company do you have??? I was told that stomaphyx was not covered by any insurance company because it's experimental.
Nannette
on 10/9/07 2:06 am - Toms River, NJ

Thanks Jonathan for posting this -- You give me renewed hope.  I have been disappointed at the inconsistencies of loss being posted by Stomphyx'ers.  I have mine scheduled with Dr Garber on October 23rd, and am praying it is the answer for me.  Another gal I know that had hers done with Dr Garber is down 22 pounds in 2 months.  Although that also is encouraging, I really like yours better since I would like to lose 40 pounds myself.  But, we all know that men lose faster than women!

In any case, please keep me posted.  I am very interested in your progress.  Thanks again.

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

rlg31
on 10/9/07 12:35 pm - Wayne, NJ

Was the Stomaphyx procedure done as an outpatient?  Was it done through a scope?  I am really interested and am thinking of making an appointment with Dr. Garber.  Did you have your original surgery with Dr. Garber?   Keep up the good work and keep us all posted on your great success

jonathan R.
on 10/10/07 2:57 am - east meadow, ny
I spent the night in the hospital for insurnace reasons.  Yes it was done completely through my mouth endoscopically.  Yes Dr. garber did my original surgery.  I really have a 100% faith in him.  IHe really is th best.  good luck and keep in touch.
donnabug57
on 10/12/07 9:17 am - Port St. Lucie, FL
I am having a complete distal revision on October 17 and Dr. Overcash in Ocala is doing the surgery.  He is doing the stomaphyx on the pouch and stoma and open for the distal on the intestines.  Sure hope I have a good weight loss like you are having.  I had surgery in 2003 and the most I lost was 31 pounds.  Quit losing after 6 months.  I sure am excited about this surgery.   Any information you can think of giving would be appreciated.  How long on the liquid diet? Donna B
Most Active