You can undo a DS!!!!

hayley_hayley
on 10/16/07 9:55 am

and its just a coincidence that the way the poster writes and responds (the lack there of) to replies is JUST like some RNY girl we know.  riiigghhhtt....LOL

Minus 202 pounds; Height=5'10.5; Plastic Surgery = arms; Pant: 24 to 4/6; Top 3x to sm/med, I My DS! .

Valerie G.
on 10/16/07 9:40 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
The bigger concern here is being the lab project of a surgeon who doesn't know what he's doing yet with a DS...if it's a true DS.  The fact that she uses the term "pouch" makes us all wonder.  NO DS'er has a pouch.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Ambitious
on 1/20/08 1:41 am - Havertown, PA
Thank you for sharing your story! I am interested in a revision from RNY to DS but it's nice to hear everyone's experience. How are you doing now? Did you have a revision? How is your health? How are you feeling? Blessings, Samaria
~~Sami~~ *.
on 1/21/08 1:07 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Angie: As a 6-1/2 year post-op, I totally understand everythign you're saying!  Surgery really is a tool. :-) I would be a little cautious about going to Dr. Garber as he performs only the RNY and Lap-Band with your DS... and beign his first StomaphyX patient on a sleeve.  I know that the Restore trials are being done in NYC by a surgeon who does the DS... so perhaps that might lead to a better resolution?? Seems like you're going to pay a lot of money out-of-pocket for this... so I'd just be a little cautious... especially as it seems results from the StomaphyX procedure seem to be mixed on this board! You also might want to check with some of the more affordable VSG surgeons about doing a sleeve reduction.  I know there are both US and Mexican surgeons who are very affordable ($10,000 or so)... which from what I seem to remember is similar to what the StomaphyX procedure costs.  Dr. Baltasar in Spain has published a paper on that which you might find interesting. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17580030?ordinalpos=3&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
: Cir Esp. 2007 Jul;82(1):37-40.Click here to read Links

[Laparoscopic reoperative sleeve gastrectomy]

[Article in Spanish] Serra C, Baltasar A, Pérez N, Bou R, Bengochea M.

Servicio de Cirugía General, Hospital Virgen de los Lirios, Alcoy, Alicante, Spain.

INTRODUCTION: Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy (LSG) was developed after the laparoscopic duodenal switch (LDS) procedure and is increasingly indicated in the treatment of morbid obesity. The main indication for LSG is LDS in patients with superobesity. MATERIAL AND METHOD: We describe the need to perform laparoscopic reoperative sleeve gastrectomy (LRSG) during LDS due to dilatation of the gastric remnant in two patients in our series. One of the patients had regained weight and the other showed insufficient final weight loss. RESULTS: In both patients, LRSG was technically simple and without postoperative complications. Both patients began to lose weight again. CONCLUSIONS: Gastric tube dilation is one of the causes of insufficient weight loss in LDS. To correct this dilatation, LRSG is sufficient, with excellent outcomes and low morbidity.

PMID: 17580030 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active