Stomaphyx complete!

FIREMANTRB
on 10/2/07 9:03 am - OH
Greetings Its been a long long time since I posted to OH.  I am over 5 years out from Open RNY Gastric Bypass.  I had a starting weight of 475 and lost down to 195 in 18 months after surgery.  I kept the weight off until about 1 year ago I started regaining.  I have gained back to 267.  My problem seems to be that no matter what I eat, 5-10 minutes later I am hungry again (no matter what I eat)  I dont drink with meals and dont eat very much.  This leads me to beleive that I have rapid emptying of the pouch.  I have bad dumping from carbs.  I have made an appointment with a doc in Cincinnatti Ohio for November and will be discussing the StomaphyX prcedure.  My question - can we get insurance to cover this procedure?  I have BCBS of the Mountain State and will fight as much as necessary to get it done.  Need help and suggestions.  Thanks, Tim B. Southern Ohio
cmurphy
on 10/2/07 12:44 pm
I was told that insurance is not covering the procedure at this time because it is so new but if you could find a doctor that would help, it would be worth the fight.
FIREMANTRB
on 10/3/07 6:44 am - OH
I am definately going to fight.  My insurance wouldnt cover the RNY either, but after 3 months of fighting, they approved it and now they cover the surgery :)
Most Active