PLEASE HELP!

TiffanyJo38
on 9/17/07 9:29 am - Hilliard , OH

Hello I'm sort of a newbie here. I had VBG in 2002 but I'm looking to get a revision of VBG to RNY. I'm looking for any information on insurance for revision surgery. I am trying to purchase my own policy as my policy through work will not cover ANY weight loss surgery at all. The policy I have through work is Anthem BCBS PPO. Of course it's a cheap policy and it has an exclusion for ANY weight loss surgery. If anyone has any information about any insurance I can purchase who will cover revision surgery please feel free to contact me. Any information is appreciated. :o)

darnell239
on 9/17/07 9:41 am - Columbia, SC
Tiffany, I can't help you with the insurance part but I do have this comment.  Have you thought about having a lapband placed on your VBG.  I hear about people going to Mexico and Brazil to have the procedure all the time.  Yes it would be self-pay but it will be half the price to what you would pay here in the U.S.  I say save some of your money from not buying that insurance and apply it to the lapband.  It might not be exactly what you want but it could get your weight loss going again.
sopralto
on 9/17/07 5:27 pm - WA
You might look into have a revision to DS. In Brazil it is very affordable with Dr Marchesini. I would (and did) trust him with my life and the life of my daughter. Dr. M does RNY's too.
Most Active