Help stomaphynk did not help my head hunger!

KIMBERLY W.
on 9/16/07 10:39 am - Florence, MA

I did not have stomapynx but as you know if you read my other threads I have something like it ......BUTl  I am having head hunger. I think this is a great tiopic wand would like to discuss this . First of all Is it head hunger if tour pouch int full your not hungy but you want to eat? some would say yes, but from a WLS Pt. onw would say,  "well if I feel full therefore I dont want anything to eat" If I dont feel anything them am I hungry or do I wate till I am hungry? Is this what alot of us are dealing with in this forum? I can explain it but when I feel that real full feeling I could not give a darn or even crave any food. But as soon as I loose that feeling I find myself thinking and lookin for food untill the next meal or  planed snak time.   Right now I am wondering at what point does that ever stop? Will i always no matter what have to always feel full so I dont eat? Can they make a drug that will simulte that full  feeling. I know when we were all first post op we lost a pretty good amount of weight, but we all had some type of reasons for putting it back on, we all feel like failures we all think to some extent we werent totaly compliant. But i know they are many others in fact most peoplewho had WLS are not totaly compliant put have mamaged to loose all there weight and keep it off, they say they are never hungry and have to remind thenselves to eat. where did their head hunger go? Dis I catch theirs? Why cant my heafd hunger leave me? I know I am ranting a little but I cant eat my fustration.I am still on liquids LOL!   I hope that once I start eatin food that I weel feel like I are for a good while, I was just pondering the fact that what does one do about the head thing? Is this why the lot of us are here right now with the same issues that WLS hasnt worked for us or that stomaphynx might not work for us....I dunno I ahve just confused my self and prolly a whole lot of you...thanxs for the rant  KIM

sopralto
on 9/16/07 1:45 pm - WA

I am reading the "Beck Diet solution" and my biggest problem (and I have many!) is recognizing the difference between hunger, desire and craving. I recommend anyone who has had WLS to get the book and work on the emotional issues surrounding our eating habits. I'm sure there are hormonal reasons for us craving food, but the WLS is supposed to help with that. This helps us conquer the "head hunger" part. I am not preaching, but I have been through years of post WLS then regaining, surgery again, not losing enough and I am determined to approach this problem from every angle because the problem of obesity is very complex. I also am learning to eat to satisfaction, not fullness. I am using distraction to stay out of the kitchen, and stores and restaurants while on liquids and hope I am building my resistance muscle. The encouraging part is the book says cravings get weaker the less we give in and I believe that. ( I just put the book on hold from the library's website and it was sent to my local library. I didn't spend money...nothing lost except hopefully some unwanted pounds.)

Cathy A.
on 9/19/07 12:52 am - Modesto, CA
I am using the book also and have read so many  wl books. I feel this is the best one I have ever read and has helped me more. It is easy reading and easy to put into practice, Wow did I love the No Choice chapter. I looked at the snack table yesterday and everything on it was a No Choice food. I just turned and walked away and didn't give the food another thought. And I was rewarded this morning on the scale with another loss. Great book
sopralto
on 9/19/07 12:52 pm - WA

Since my Stomaphyx, I am not feeling hunger. I have no idea how much restriction I have because I am still on full liquids and a little pureed food. So this interlude is showing me all the areas where I was eating for reasons other than hunger. The book is helping me notice these and helping me with techniques to overcome. I think I needed something this drastic to stop the cycle of unhealthy eating I was in so I could even address the emotional stuff. I am not a person to be depressed or anthing like that

Most Active