MAKING THE FIRST STEP TOMMOROW

T. Rosario
on 9/12/07 2:22 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
HI GUYS SORRY I HAVE NOT BEEN POSTING LIFE HAS BEEN CRAZY. WELL I GO SEE THE SURGEON TOMMOROW TO FIND OUT WEATHER HE CAN HELP ME. I HAVE GAINED ANOTHER 7LBS SO I AM A LITTLE DEPRESSED. I JUST KNOW I NEED HELP. I AM NOT SURE IF HE DOES THE DS OR IF LAP BAND WOULD BE GREAT FOR ME. I AM JUST SCARED HE WILL SAY NOTHING I CAN;T HELP YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY GET OUT OF MY OFFICE, WHAT WILL I DO EXCEOT CRY AND CONTINUE WITH MY JOURNEY. I MADE AN APPOINTMETN WITH A DOCTOR IN PHOIENIX BUT THAT IS THREE HOURS AWAY AND BOY LIFE WOUD SUCH. I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR A LITTLE SUPPORT BEFORE I LEAVE TOMMOOW. 
darnell239
on 9/12/07 8:45 pm - Columbia, SC
I hope things work out for you.  It sounds like your RNY did not work well for you.  It scares me because I had the mini-gastric bypass 7 years ago and I am being revised to the RNY next month.  It seems like so many people are failing to keep the weight off with this surgery.
T. Rosario
on 9/14/07 5:20 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
it is scary. It did not go as planned. but we are workig n it. I have an upper GI planned and we will go from there. Thanks and good luck.
TMLinton
on 9/14/07 8:27 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
Hang in there.  I'm in a similar situation.  I gained back more than 100 pounds of my 140 pound weightloss.  I finally overcame my shame and embarrassment started looking for answers.  I had surgery with Dr. Newhoff in Phoenix in 1999.  At that time, there were only three board certified doctors performing gastric bypass in Arizona.  Dr. Newhoff has since retired, but Dr. Simon has taken over the practice.  Even though this means six-hour roundtrip drives to Phoenix from Sierra Vista, I feel its worth it because they have my complete medical history with the RNY.  I had an endoscopy done last Friday and found out that my pouch is quite large and bulging.   I head up to Phoenix Tuesday to find what next steps I can take.  It's all a bit scary and exciting to possibly fix the problem, but underneath it all there is still that sense of shame that I didn't do the right thing and gained my weight back.  I wish you success in finding a solution.
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/07 10:31 am - TX

Please don't feel a sense of shame.  It's most likely the surgery failed, not you.  I had stoma enlargement and staple line disruption and regained 140 lbs (10 lbs extra) but revised to the DS just because I didn't want another surgery that could and in my opinion, most likely would fail again.

Come over to the DS board if you'd like to know more.

T. Rosario
on 9/14/07 1:39 pm - Sierra Vista, AZ
I saw Dr. Burpee yester day and he was not all that eager to do a revission. He said it is really serious and I need to be careful. We are starting with an upper GI, and wewere talking about the stomaphx and they have been wanting him to do it. SO I convinced him to look into it and he said after we get all the reports back and he looks into it he would give me a huge discount. I smiled. I have to write down everything i eat for three weeks see a nutrionist and start there. WHEW what a mouth full.  I am hoping and praying for a miracle.
Most Active