Kaci's Stomaphyx Journey

avl
on 8/31/07 6:23 am
I had the by pass almost 2 years ago and did well. lost 140 but gained 15 pounds inthe past few months and am scared. My surgeon is doing the phyx and wants to to it on me at the same time i'm haing a herna repair. I'm not so sure I need it and not jsut yet. and after reading your experiance i really wonder. My surgeon tols me there is no risk. obvously he's wrong. pelase comment
stacy B.
on 9/2/07 12:11 am - Wantagh, NY
Dr. Garber did tell me that there were risks but that they are minimal.  I had the procedure and had no pain and no problems.  This Dr. Schlesinget must be very new at this and does not know what he was doing.  As with any procedure experience is most important and it is also important to research your doctor.  Any doctor offering a special introductory price to experiment on patients shouldn't be doing this procedure.  Feel free to contact  me with any questions.  I recommend the stomaphyx highly and losing weight and feel full again like soon after my gastric bypass.
JRinAZ
on 9/2/07 1:41 am - Layton, UT
Hi Stacy! Just read 3 or 4 of your posts that were a bit unsettling to me!  .....  I'm a future Stopmaphyx patient of Dr. Schlesinger.  ..........  First off...the introductory price is offered because he is is relocating and while he is under construction; as a courtesy to new patients who don't have the perfect flow of his new office yet, he is offering lower prices for all of his weight loss procedures for a limited time!  He's beeing doing weight loss surgeries for over 10 years.  You can check out his profile and find well over a hundred of happy patient reviews on him!  ......  The Stomapyx is NEW!  Even your Dr. Garber can not claim months and months of experience since it has only been in the U.S. since April and the procedures weren't started until June!  There are only 12 surgeon's in the entire U.S. who are even doing it.  I am so very sorry that anyone on any board has had a bad complication due to a weight loss surgery or procedure.  But, we go into every  one of them knowing that no 2 people are alike; and that a complication of some type is a possibility.  That's why we have statistics; so to speak.....so the majority can tell the story! I'm so glad that you have had a successful and positive experience.  I dare say there are many who can say the same in Dr. Schlesinger's crowd but who are not chatters on this particular site. I wish you well and the same to all of us who are trying to win our daily battle!  I look forward to joining you soon as a succesful stomaphyx post-op!  (and yup!  Dr. S is my surgeon of choice!)
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Kaci Campbell
on 9/2/07 2:35 am - Avondale, AZ

I did have complications, but Joyce is right.  No 2 people are alike.  What happened with me could happen to anyone having this procedure, but it's rare.  I know that every surgeon will have success and an occasional problem.  It's a risk all of us take when undergoing anything.  I wanted to tell my story not to scare off people from having the Stomaphyx, but to remind everyone that nothing is risk free.  Good luck to all of you.

Kaci Campbell
on 9/3/07 11:38 am - Avondale, AZ
I'm starting to feel much better today.  I'm down 16 lbs.  Maybe the toughest part is over...
lauralisi
on 9/4/07 1:10 pm - Dona Ana, NM
Hi, Kaci, I'm so glad you're feeling better.  It *is* scary when you expect everything to go ok-and then complications develop.  You're right-sometimes setbacks happen-even in the hands of the most experienced surgeon. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Lisi
avl
on 9/3/07 11:44 pm

Glad to hear your's wen twell. I am planning on the phyx but a vacation too. how long after the phyx could you eat fairly normally?? what was eating like after the 1st week  month etc?? thanks avl

stacy B.
on 9/4/07 11:38 am - Wantagh, NY
Dr. Garber had me on a stage 2 diet for 3 weeks and then regular diet.  I have no problems eating but I just get full quicker and stay satisfied longer than previous.  I recommend the stomaphyx. It was awesome.
avl
on 9/4/07 10:51 pm
how much weight had you gained back how much did he say your pouch and stoma stretched out? have you lost since when idd you have it done thanks for all your help there aren't too many out there to ask
avl
on 10/16/07 2:55 am
how ar eyoudoing now could you email me at [email protected] I am sceduled for 11/26 want to talk
Most Active