Fay Survived

faybay
on 8/17/07 10:11 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
I feel, like hell and am up 5 lbs. Those IV's are horrid. I don't know how people become adicts, the oxycodon feels awful. Thanks goodness for spell check. Remember I had three procedures done. 1 Nissen fundoplication , 2. Stomaphyx. and 3 extention of the bypass. The pain is really bad, but not as bad as immedately post op. I feel hunger, but not enough to acutally eat. LOL. The hospital doc, kept reminding me how bad carbonation is and how dangerous it is not to supplement
Cathy W.
on 8/18/07 1:46 am

Hi Fay, First and foremost, it is great to hear from you and how you are feeling.  Just remember that each day you'll feel better and in the healing process, on your way to enjoying the results of your surgeries. I also can't stand i.v.'s.  The process of putting them in, hooking them up, keeping them in, moving your hand and the little pain that reminds you that you're hooked up.  Just remember it is only temporary compared to the wonderful results that are ahead for you. Please let us know how you're doing.  I'm thinking of you....... Cathy

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Barbara T.
on 8/18/07 4:23 am
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR REVISION!
PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR RECOVERY. AFTER MY RNY PROCEDURE I TOO FELT AWFUL BUT TOOK IT DAY BY DAY AND BEFORE I KNEW IT I WAS ON THE MEND. EVENTHOUGH I AM ONLY 7 MOS OUT I USUALLY CHECK THIS BOARD OUT TO KEEP MYSELF INFORM IF EVER I SHOULD NEED A REVISION. AS THEY SAY "KNOWLEDGE IS POWER" ALL THE BEST TO YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY AND LOOK FORWARD TO READING UP ON YOUR PROGRESS.

"It's Never too Late to be what you might have been"...George Eliot
Cathy W.
on 8/19/07 11:49 am
Hi Fay, How are you feeling today?  I hope today is better than yesterday and tomorrow is better than today, etc!!! Take care....I'm thinking of you.  I'm anxious to hear your experience with your StomaphyX. Cathy
faybay
on 8/19/07 9:47 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
I am weak and kinda depressed.  But each day is a bit stronger.  I tend to get depressed when I am not in control.  I feel like a spoiled brat.  I want to sit down to a big bowl of popcorn and can't.  Once my energy comes back, I will be grateful that I can't have the popcorn.  Does this make sense to anyone???
BeachPat
on 8/19/07 10:55 pm
Hi, Fay, You will get stronger every day. I started to feel very restricted with just eating jello, pudding, applesauce, etc. I felt better when I had a protein shake and hot soups--they seemed to fill me up more. My surgery was almost 2 weeks ago; this week I should get an expanded menu! pat
RNY (1997) at 338 lbs.;revision (2001); Failed StompahyX in 2007; DS (2008) at 268 lbs.

tina01
on 8/20/07 2:51 am - Wilmington, DE

Hi Fay, I hope that you feel better quickly and the healing is problem free... You've been through a lot and I'm sure your body is in shock a bit. Take good care of yourself.. Tina ps.. oh.. tell me about the carbonation devil?  I do drink soda occasionally... thx

faybay
on 8/20/07 4:16 am - West Palm Beach, FL

I have the carbonation devil.  At least two 2 liter bottles a day.  It is thought that it helps expand your pouch.

I am having trouble wanting to have anything to drink.  My mouth tastes like crap.  Any ideas.

AnninTX
on 8/20/07 5:08 am - Dallas, TX
Hi Fay, I am so happy for your revision.  I have only had the extension of the limb during my revision three weeks.  I can share that things got better quickly.  I hope you so much that you get to feeling great soon.  I am definitely sending a good thought your way.
 Ann in TX
Starting 423/Current 320/Goal 190             
Loss since 7/30/7 revision= 36 lbs released

Defeat is simply a signal to press onward.

Helen Keller 
classite
on 8/20/07 12:59 pm - Battle Ground, WA
I hope you are feeling better today.?!  Were you self pay and if so what was the cost for all of the procedures?  Who was your surgeon? Thanks and best wishes in your recovery.
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
Most Active