sclerotherapy follow-up--3 mo post

deeno
on 8/17/07 5:22 am - Kokomo, IN
Hi all Sorry for the delay in follow-up--summer time gets crazy for me, and I just don't have the computer time that I have in the "off season"..  I'm doing well.  I'm still feeling restriction, and I'm comfortable with the amount that I can eat.  It varies with what I'm eating--denser foods I eat less of.  Sometimes, I eat two bites, and my brain and stomach actually work together and tell me to stop eating....and i actually DO!  I've thrown up less because of this (yea!).  I have lost another pound or two--I'm not as scale focused as I should be, but I think I've lost a total of 12 pounds--slow and steady, but in the correct direction.  I have dropped from a size 18 to being able to fit into several 16W's.  I am learning that I do need to be careful with grazing. I had my 3 year post bariatric follow up last month--found out I had some deficiencies (vitamin A, D, and E--all borderline low), so now I'm being a good girl and taking my vitamins.  Do I think it was related to the sclerotherapy/timing?  Maybe, but probably not.  Regardless, I'm taking my vitamins, so you should take yours, too.  *wink* My bill was split up into two parts.  The first part was ~800.00--I have only had to pay $200.  The second part is around $900, and is still pending with insurance.  Now, Insurance told me they wouldn't pay anything, and the doc's office said, "what the heck, lets try".  So far, saved me a few bucks, so WHOOPIE!   Hope this update helps folks who struggled like I did.  I'm still struggling, but at least I know why, and that I'm not at fault for my earlier struggles.  I hope to lose 10 more pounds....but losing 25 would be a dream come true.  It would be awesome to fit my rear end into a pair of regular size 14's (my goal from day one of my RNY 3 years ago).  But, I certainly can't complain about where I'm at either. I'm glad I did the sclerotherapy.  I hope I never have to do it again.  If I had to do it again....well, I'll just cross that bridge if/when I get there. Deeno
sandyfeets
on 8/18/07 10:49 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
Glad you are doing well and it seems to be successful!!!
I am 2 months "post" on my ED Schlerotherapy.
I am down 10 lbs and my size 22W's are starting to "hang." My GI doc told me I could have just TWO sessions of ED Schlerotherapy. Like, you I'll cross that bridge when I need to.
Right now I get full and STAY full.
I am still 50lbs from my goal. I will get there sometime in the next year. Slow but steady.

darnell239
on 9/19/07 9:44 am - Columbia, SC
Deeno, I noticed that you have not posted any more updates on your scleratherapy in a while.  Can you post a new update on the revision board.  I am wondering how things are continuing to go for you?
Most Active