Need Help

Marilyn J.
on 8/15/07 8:28 am - Bloomfield, NE
Hi   I have posted on here before and I have a question?  Has anyone had the lap-band in longer than three yrs. and couldn't have the DS surgery because there was to much damage done from the band, and the Dr. suggested that you should have the RNY surgery,    The surgeron said he would have to wait until he gets inside before he knows what surgery he will preform on me. Well I'm not to happy about that. I guess i'm just wondering if any other surgeron has said that to anyone else Thank for letting me VENT!!!!! Marilyn
LizaMay
on 8/16/07 7:42 am
Hi Marilyn;  I had the lap band back in 2004 put in and am getting ready for a revision to an RNY.  I went in yesterday for a test called an EGD where they look at my esophogus, stomach, and duodenem (sp?) and was told that I have esophogiitis, gastriitis, and a hiatal hernia.  I also was told that I would have to wait until the got inside and looked before they could tell me whether or not they could do the RNY because the would have to look at what damage is in there.  Not sure if that will help you or not.  Take care and vent anytime!  Lisa
Marilyn J.
on 8/16/07 8:48 am - Bloomfield, NE
Lisa     If they told you that they wouldn't know until they get inside what happen if they can't do the RNY for you? My reasoning for not wanting the RNY is I'm afraid of getting uclers because of the meds. that I take. Did your RNY surgeron set that appoinment up for you to have the EGD done.     Also what type of problems were you having with the band that you decided to have a revision? I hope you don't mine me asking . Thanks Again marilyn
Marilyn J.
on 8/17/07 12:40 pm - Bloomfield, NE
Lisa     What will happen when they get in there and they can't do the RNY? I understand they really don't know until they get in there, but  your on the table sleeping and they won't beable to ask you then what you want done.       I guess I'm one of these people that needs to know whats going on.  Hugs Marilyn
Most Active