considering rny

Ms TJ P.
on 8/13/07 12:50 am - VA
I had lap band procedure Mar. 06, and lost 37lbs and gained back 15lbs. I've been stuggling ever since, so I'm really considering Rny. But I'm worried about how well will I do with this procedure since I did so poorly with the band. I seem to have developed a sweet tooth(which I didn't have prior) and I like to snack and that's not a good combination with the lap band. I feel like such a failure and the lap band may not have been for me but can I have sucess with gastric bypass? and more importantly can I keep the weight off long term. All I know is I'm tired of being 230lbs. Any advice is welcomed.
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/07 6:04 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
I had a gastroplasty which is similar to the Lap Band.  I couldn't eat good food because it would get stuck and I would throw up so the only thing that would go down was sugar or chips, ice cream, things that dissolve easily and I gained my weight back. May 7th I started a new life.  I had a revision to the RNY and I have already lost 65 pounds and everyday I go down more and more.  I can only eat good food, and the sugar and fats make me sick.   It's the greatest thing that I have ever done and I would do it over in a minute. Hugs, Esther
Most Active