Revision and Tricare

Rotten Ronni
on 8/9/07 12:11 pm - DFW, TX
Hi guys. I have a question. Has anyone had a revision with Tricare as their insurance? Thanks, Ronni

KathieInHawaii
on 8/13/07 10:53 am - Ewa Beach, HI
Aloha Ronni I have known quite a few folks who have had revisions with Tricare. There are some requirements that must be met before you are approved. The most significant one would be that your original surgeon would have to provide a report indicating the type of procedure that was performed (including exact amount of intestined bypassed, what the post diet recommendations were and also if your original surgeon felt that you were compliant with the program rules, were knowledgeable about nutrition and supplementation, etc.  If it is determined that you were not compliant with the first surgery, a revision is usually out of the question. The main premise for having a revision surgery is to revise a procedure that was flawed and/or to provide a patient with an additional chance to lose weight as long as he or she is willing to follow strict requirements.  One thing I have heard is that if you were under 21 years of age when the first one is done, they rarely approve unless there was a documented malfunction of the original surgery.  I am facing having my surgery completely reversed which Tricare has approved.  HOpe this helps.  Hugs,  Kathie in Hawaii

Most Active