any post op stomaphyx around

faybay
on 8/4/07 5:00 am - West Palm Beach, FL
How are you doing.  What do you eat post op. How is your weight loss.
BeachPat
on 8/4/07 11:33 am
My stomaphyx is scheduled for next Wed., Aug. 8 with Dr. Overcash. I will be glad to recount my experiences when I get back home! Pat in Virginia Beach
Amyiable
on 8/5/07 1:03 am
Pat, I'm so excited for you!  I will definitely be thinking about you.  I guess you fly out Monday & come back on a Thursday.  That was what I was doing.  I kinda wish I had a group to play in Orlando with while I was down there.  I'm really looking forward to hearing about your experience. Amy
Cathy W.
on 8/7/07 6:07 am
Hi Pat, Congratulations on your procedure.  I'll be anxious to hear about your experience too. Much success for you tomorrow...I'll be thinking of you. Cathy
BeachPat
on 8/9/07 5:02 am
I had the StomaphyX procedure 2 days ago with Dr. Overcash in FL.  He and the entire hospital staff were outstanding---friendly, efficient, professsional.  The operation went well, although it was more intense and painful than I thought it would be. I woke up in a lot of pain and they gave me a shot for pain  and let me sleep for 2 hours after I left the recovery room. Now, I am just very sore; it even hurts to breathe deeply. I have NO regrets and I recommend this procedure over a full revision. It is MUCH safer.  I am on liquids and pudding, oatmeal, jello, applesauce for 2 weeks (2/3 cup) and then I talk to the doctor again about what foods to add.  I had the procedure Wed. morning and flew back to Va Beach today---in retrospect, I would definitely have staye done more day to heal and sleep.  If I can answer any questions for anyone, please feel free to write. Pat in Virginia Beach
RNY (1997) at 338 lbs.;revision (2001); Failed StompahyX in 2007; DS (2008) at 268 lbs.

faybay
on 8/9/07 8:36 am - West Palm Beach, FL
It's my turn next Wednesday and I appreciate all the info.  I was going to head home afterwards, but now I'll stay a day.  Thanks and be well.
lbuegeler
on 9/3/07 5:44 am
I am very interested to know how it goes. I am considering a StomaPhyx revision. Is there anyone in the San Antonio,TX area that has had it done?
Most Active