2nd Revision

klkalteissen
on 8/3/07 4:09 am - Ringoes, NJ
Hello all -- I am nearly five years out of RNY -- had great, fairly quick results (160 lbs) but with a huge bounce back (60 pounds).  A couple of years ago I begged my surgeon for a revision, and after the right tests, he agreed to tighten my stoma and make my pouch smaller but didn't touch the bypass. I didn't notice any difference --even the second day!--and have continued to regain slowly although I seem to have stopped at 185 -- still obese although 100 less than I started.  I KNEW i NEEDED to be more distal.  Has anybody ever managed to find a surgeon to do a second revision, going more distal?  thanks, Karen
KRWaters
on 8/4/07 12:50 am - Manteca, CA
If, besides gaining weight, diabetes has returned or you still have severe sleep apnea, or any other comorbids, you may be eligible for a revision. Check out the duodenal switch  though with a better chance of keeping that weight off. Go to the duodenal switch forum or go to duodnalswitch.com.  Good luck

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

sopralto
on 8/6/07 3:13 am - WA
I had a revision to a Duodenal switch-like procedure. My RNY pouch was left alone but I got the bowel configuration of a DS. I have a 75cm common channel and have lost 70lbs in 10 months, eating the same foods that I gained weight on just 2 years ago. I bet your pouch, after two surgeries, should be left alone! I might have stomaphyx to help make my stoma smaller, as I still need to lose 30lbs, but can wait a while and see if the revision to DS was all I needed. I can really eat a lot...just had 3 eggs with cheese for breakfast.
Most Active