difference between Endoscopy & Upper GI

leslieanne729
on 8/4/07 3:42 am

Hey Karen

Great to hear from you..I've been spending alot of time on the site ,really trying to learn as much as I can. I just want to get approved I don't want to be in dept for years. I will definatly be getting this surgery even if it's means loans. The only thing that worries me about that is if there are any compliacations I don't think the insurance will cover that..... What's so sad is that I almost don't care.....  I just don't want the rest of my life being in pain, not being able to do things because of my weight....... That's not living it's just exsisting..My journey is moving along, lots of appointments coming up in the next 2 months. I'm still looking for a surgeon. E-mailed Dr. Gagner he's moving his practice in Sept. then he'll be accepting new patients. I'm waiting for a reply to find out where he moving the practice. When you have the time give me a call I'd love to speak with you again and see how your journey is going.  God Bless, Leslie 

RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
KRWaters
on 8/4/07 4:10 am - Manteca, CA

Leslie, well my appt is coming up with the PA. It is this Tuesday and I am really looking forward to it and my significant other is supposed to go with me. He better. This appt is more for him than me. I want him to hear from the PA the pluses for the DS and why it is important for me to have surgery again (mainly cuz of the diabetes). He said he might not go and I really laid my foot down on that. He said he had too much work to go. I made it clear that he absolutely must go. Unfortunately neither of us could get a loan so we will see about that four grand up front fee and the 20% that the insurance will not cover. . I feel the same as you that this is "just existing" the way life is going now. I did hear that Dr. Gagner still might be in NY, but just a different hospital, maybe? huh? that would work for you I am sure.  I am excited for you that you are moving right along and getting your appointments going. I also have an appt on 8/27 with the psychologist who will be writing a report to okay me for WLS again.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

leslieanne729
on 8/4/07 4:53 am
Karen,  I see that you are also moving along with the journey. I'm sure you BF will go with you once he understands how important it is to you,and it's just one day....try batting your eyes***wink*** Why are you seeing PA again? Have you put in for insurance approval yet ? Will they cover? I think there's a good possibility that I'll be using Dr. Gagner, waiting to hear back from him to see where he's moving to and what Hospital he'll be working out of. You mentioned sleep apnea, Ive never been tested but my husband sleeps on the couch alot because of my snoring. I take Lunesta every night to sleep an still wake up tired. You have sleep apnea right? Do you think I should be tested? I've read that you have to sleep with a mask on and it's very hard to get use to? If I just had mild case would that help with approval? Would I still have to wear the mask. Good luck with your appointment and BF. Talk to you soon, all the best God Bless, Leslie
RNY 2002 (regained everything)   Revised to DS 2007
5'8"  SW 246 - GW 150 - LW 143 - CW-148
Follow Your Dreams.... & Hold On To Them !!  

Angel to Karen W
Angel to MIssy
Mary_J
on 8/7/07 4:03 am
I think the revision topic depends on your insurance - call and ask them.  Some will not cover a revision, period.  Doesn't matter why you need it.  Others treat it the same as a first timer - you have to meet the general requirements for WLS.  Some require more hoops to jump through for revision, and some don't.  Calling is the easiest way.  I'm having a revision and UCare doesn't care if it's a revision or not, I just have to meet the WLS requirements (100+ lbs overweight, BMI over 40, or 35 with comorbidities)
Most Active