How long does Insurance take to respond???

Michelley
on 7/30/07 1:29 pm - North Platte, NE
From what I understand, my file was sent to insurance on July 9th.  It's been 3 weeks and still no word from insurance and I'm about going nuts waiting!  How long does it usually take to get a response?  Are responses usually sent to you directly or to your surgeon first?  Is this delayed response good or bad for a revision request? My grandmother called today and she has a date at the end of August to have her lap band. She's been waiting for a good 6 or 7 years so it's time that she has it. We thought at one time we could have surgeries together but it's not looking that way.  So I'm very bummed and the waiting is agonizing. I think I'm scared to call insurance and ask about a status even though the worst they can say is it's denied and I start my appeals. I'm not even sure who to ask for or if there is anyone in particular to talk to.  Or should I be calling my surgeon's instead of insurance? At any rate, I'm already prepping or researching information for an appeal but really need to find some documentation to help with a revision appeal. (I'm having a band over my bypass). Michelley ...who needs more patience
Michelley
on 7/31/07 2:30 am - North Platte, NE
  I finally got the nerve up this morning to call my surgeons and see if they have heard from insurance. They just got information yesterday  that I was approved on the 27th.  Yippee! I haven't got my date yet. They are supposed to schedule me and my grandmother together so I'm waiting to hear for sure what the date it. Should know within the next day or so. They told me they "thought" it may be Sept 11.
Most Active