classite
on 8/15/07 10:47 am - Battle Ground, WA
How did your procedure go? 
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
sopralto
on 8/1/07 2:40 pm - WA
Who are the doctors from the last two posts? Who in Las Vegas and who in San Antonio? You have been quoted $3000 less than I was quoted so I am interested. Have your doctors done many of these in the alst few weeks? (I know the stomaphyx was just approved in June so no one has done many of them)
RIKI43
on 8/15/07 12:40 pm, edited 8/15/07 12:41 pm

Hi Everyone Well I am home.  I stayed in the hospital one night and the only pain i really felt was in my shoulder from the bed and my throat from the procedure itself.  SO here is what happened … the procedure lasted 1 hour.  They put a breathing tube thru your nose because they actually have to do the procedure thru your mouth so my previous post was incorrect.  I was up in my room 2 hours later and I was restless, very thirsty and just uncomfortable.  I left the next morning and actually drove myself home.  Slept all day Saturday and Sunday.  Went to work on Monday but with little pain and as of today, I am great.  I lost 10lbs already!

My doctor here in Vegas is Dr Cottam but the day of my surgery was ironically his last day at the office so I am not sure if they have anyone at the office yet to do it but please call them, 702-313-THIN

I have kept my diet to all liquids and it hasn’t been as tough as I thought BUT I did a stupid thing last night and “tested” my stomach with 3 bites of pasta well … my stomach did not like it and it was gone faster than it went down.

I will keep you posted of my results.

Most Active