What are my 1st steps

milesnichole
on 7/24/07 9:33 am, edited 7/25/07 8:50 am - dallas , TX

Hello everyone I was banded in 07/06 and have only lost about 15 pounds.  I feel so depressed about it. I’m thinking maybe I should look into having a revision to something else like DS or RNY.  Can you tell me my 1st steps and how difficult is it to get insurance to pay for a revision. I’m have united healthcare.  My doc that did my band only does band

jass28
on 7/24/07 9:52 am - A Town, NJ
I am on the same boat, I had lapband almost a year ago and have only lost 20 lbs.  I am so frustrated and I am thinking of getting an RNY revision.

339/318.6/125/155/165
SW/SW/LW/CW/GW      
Revision from Lapband to DS and Had healthy post-op baby, LOVE MY DS!

Nicole_2006
on 7/24/07 11:40 am - Arlington, VA
I was banded 5/20/06 and have only lost 20 pounds. I am in the process of going through the revision process.  My band also causes bad reflux. I did my psych evaluation today and will hopefully submit everything to BCBS next week. What I did was talk to my surgeon and he advised that the band does not work for everything, he does not know why. So he advised me to wait a year, which I did. The only big thing is that I have changed job's since I had my surgery, which means new insurance company. So hopefully I do not need the 6 months of diet history, but we are willing to appeal it if they deny it.  Talk to your surgeon and see what they suggest.
mjreyn
on 7/25/07 2:51 am - Waltham, MA
I'm in the same boat myself. I was banded in December '04. I orginally lost about 50 lbs.  I have gained 16 lbs of that back so far. I have restriction and everything. It just wasn't the surgery for me. I have a consult with my surgeon on August 2nd and can't wait.  It really is starting to get me depressed. I'm just nervous my surgeon won't do the revision. I don't see why he wouldn't.   If anyone has advice it would be great. Melissa
Stefanie Bailey RN
BSN RNFA ...

on 7/25/07 8:26 am - Bandera, TX
You were just banded this month?  15 lbs is great!!!  I am a RN and had the band 4 1/2 years ago and do alot of patient education and support groups and such post-op.  Feel free to contact me through PM and I will be glad to assist you, or anyone that is having trouble with the band.  There are many things that can assist you to make your journey successful.  My best friend and mother both had bands after I did. Stef  
Queena
on 7/26/07 2:01 pm - IL
On July 25, 2007 at 3:26 PM Pacific Time, mylapbandcoach wrote:
You were just banded this month?  15 lbs is great!!!  I am a RN and had the band 4 1/2 years ago and do alot of patient education and support groups and such post-op.  Feel free to contact me through PM and I will be glad to assist you, or anyone that is having trouble with the band.  There are many things that can assist you to make your journey successful.  My best friend and mother both had bands after I did. Stef  
I think she means July 2006.
Marilyn J.
on 7/27/07 1:04 am - Bloomfield, NE

I'm too in the same boat I was band in Dec 04 and have lost only 30lbs. Talk about depressed i'm first in line when my band Doc. said I was the only one that has failed in all of the patients he's done   THAT really made me feel good!!!!!! So right now i'm looking into DS and I hope I won't be the first in That..    I just starting working with my insurance, and need to get a couple more of my Dr's to send in there paper work in and maybe I'll be on my way.  Best of Luck to you. Marilyn J

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/07 6:23 am - TX
On July 27, 2007 at 8:04 AM Pacific Time, Marilyn J. wrote:

I'm too in the same boat I was band in Dec 04 and have lost only 30lbs. Talk about depressed i'm first in line when my band Doc. said I was the only one that has failed in all of the patients he's done   THAT really made me feel good!!!!!! So right now i'm looking into DS and I hope I won't be the first in That..    I just starting working with my insurance, and need to get a couple more of my Dr's to send in there paper work in and maybe I'll be on my way.  Best of Luck to you. Marilyn J

Honey, all of us revisions have felt like that.  The DS won't fail you.  I only know of 2 people who haven't lost 80% of the excess weight.  Most of us slide right down the scale effortlessly.
Most Active