Aetna and Revisions anyone?

steffie02
on 7/22/07 11:53 am - Orlando, FL
My eyes are starting to cross researching what surgery to have, looking at profiles, reading the message boards and looking at before and after pictures.  LOL.  All inspirational mind you.  I was interested in hearing from people who have had a revision approved by aetna.  My company does not have an exclusion for WLS.  The Dr.'s office has not submitted the insurance information yet. I am patiently or not so patiently waiting.    A response regarding your experience with Aetna and revisions would be greatly appreciated. Steph
monicasrevision
on 7/25/07 7:47 am - Houston, TX
Hello Steph I was on Aetna for the revision from RNY to the duodenal switch, Aetna only asked that I see a physician which my surgeon recommended to me for 3 months, see a nutritionist and belong to a gym and of course exercise at least 30 minutes a day.   The experience after that has been perfect, our Aetna was not accepting revisions because it was so new, but through a lot of prayer they passed mine and I was the 5th patient my doctor performed the switch on and one of the firsts Aetna in Houston.   Please let me know if I can give you further assistance.
AngieB67
on 7/26/07 2:24 am - Bel Air, MD
I had AETNA and I was a VBG revision to the DS.   You can read my profile for the gorey details but overall, my dealing with them went smoothly.  The key is to follow their outline for what's required and just do it. Good luck!

---------------------------------

Most Active