Have you ever had this stuff for a revision

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/07 4:15 am - The land of the Sooners
Good Afternoon,
I had surgery Gastric Bypass June 16, 2003 lost 131 pounds got a divorce,  met the best man in the world were then i got prego married in 2006 and had a baby in 2006.. Since having my baby I have gained well over 50 pounds with 41 being in 3 months from the depo shot. I was told by a family member that the depo shot can't do that will the new surgeon informed me it can happen and he has seen it happen. Anyways the surgeon thinks I have a peterson hernia which is an internal hernia and wants to do a double balloon but only one dr in this area does it and its a 50-50 chance that he will do it if not i have to have a lap exploratory surgery to see what is going on. I have to go on a 3 month supervised diet and have to remain on protein and soft foods till my stomach problems get better. Have an inflamed esophagus and severe acid reflux. Well the surgeon office called yesterday said that they surgeon wants me to have an ekg, sleep study,chest xray and a bunch of lab works. Not sure why didn't say but confused as to why since it will be at least 3 months before i have any type of surgery to fix my stomach. The dr also mention he might have to put a g-tube into my old stomach and have to keep it there for about 3 weeks. I am scared i am not sure really wants going on but i do know that a peterson hernia is internal hernia with the small bowl

Anyone experience this with a revision and has anyone had a peterson hernia or had to have a g-tube?

Thanks Leann
(deactivated member)
on 7/14/07 11:23 am - TX

I had to have an endoscopy, an Upper GI, a sleep study, a psych eval, a chest xRay, blood work, and an echo stress cardiogram.

It's a long process but will take you to your revision.  Look at the DS as a revision option and read my profile to find out why I chose the DS from RNY.

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/07 11:57 am - The land of the Sooners
Thanks for the info will do so..
queendeneen
on 7/16/07 5:45 am - LOUISVILLE, KY

All those tests are necessary to make sure everything is ok before they do the revision.  I don't think they will do it with your current stomach problems.  Those have to be solved first.  I just had a revision from the "RNY to the lapband.  I was a good candidate for it because my stomach was large enough to place the band and I didn't have any pre existing problems.    I know for a fact that the depo birth control shot makes you gain weight.  I've seen it.  My daughter faught us tooth and nail not to get it because of that.  We ended up getting her the patch.   You can find out more about your condition on webmd.  I find lots of medical info there.  Goodluck

Deneen

What you believe, you can achieve!!

KRWaters
on 7/17/07 2:57 am - Manteca, CA
I had a G-tube in place after my initial RnY. It was more of a nuisance than anything else. Best to baby it and not bend over too much. Mine got loose and came out too soon after only one week, was supposed to be in for 4 weeks. I had no problems, but could have posed potential problem for a leak.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active