StomaphyX Question

classite
on 7/31/07 12:27 pm - Battle Ground, WA
Please keep us updated with your procedure outcome.  I am going to give Dr. Overcash/s office  a call in the morning.  I will be in Florida in October so if I could get in to him then that would work out great.  $7500 for the hospital seems a little outrageous - you don't even spend the night do you? 
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
khelms
on 8/2/07 11:35 am - Laurel, DE
8/1/07 I am 5 years out with gastric bypass and want to finish losing weight. Does anyone know of anyone doing this surgery in Delaware or Maryland? Any insurances covering this procedure? My brother-in-law's insurance (works for Boeing in Texas) declined this procedure and he had by-pass more than 2 years out. Any suggestions for him? Send any replies to [email protected]  I have Blue Cross/BLue Shield of Delaware insurance. I understand the procedure and I really need some help getting these "creeping up" pounds off. I gather he is having the same problem. WOuld greatly appreciate any and all feedback at the above e-mail address. Thanks so much!!!
Sumr02
on 6/12/10 11:52 am
PLEASE to all  who are thinking of doing this STOP! The ROSE procedure and Stomaphyx are one in the same. They do not work and are just moneymakers for the doctors who do them. Most insurance companies do not cover this procedure. It can also hurt you in the long run when you do try to get a revision. I know I had the ROSE done in October 2009 with Dr. Garber due to a stretched anastomosis.I did not lose anything except 15lbs. due to liquid diet. And regained back as soon as allowed to eat solids.Follow up endoscopy revealed anastomosis still open. Now I am trying to get revision done from RNY and have been turned down by my insurance(BC/BS) and one of the reasons is they count ROSE as another weight loss surgery and said they were not paying for third. Now have to appeal and hopefully win. So please think long and hard and research as much as you can before you make a mistake you may regret.And as far as I know I have never met anyone these procedures have worked for.
Most Active