StomaphyX Question

Amyiable
on 8/4/07 11:44 am
Hi Dazzlin Eyes.  Congratulations to your mother about the insurance, & I'm sorry about your layoff!  Maybe you will still approved with Healthfirst.  Some here have been asking what the procedure code for this.  Perhaps you can find out what Dr. Garber's office is using for this?  If your stoma was 4cm x 5cm and is 5 cm long, does this mean that your stoma is a big as your pouch?  Have you already made your appt with Dr. Bessler?   Did Dr. Garber express any personal opinions about the StomaphyX procedure...  perhaps about potential problems, effectiveness, durability... or anything. I hope you & your mom will be able to schedule her surgery soon.  Thanks for writing about your visit with Dr. Garber.  Amy
Cheryl J.
on 8/4/07 2:03 pm
Our surgery is scheduled the same day on Sept. 18th. I had made my appt with Dr. Bessler a long time ago. I see him on Aug 31st.  Dr. Garber didnt mention any potential problems except for maybe a sore throat.  It is too soon too get any long term results because it is too new.
elegantspirit3
on 7/23/07 2:33 pm
hello there, would you be so kind to send to me: [email protected]  the contact information for Dr, Garber. any website?  what hospital is he with? thanks, laura
Cheryl J.
on 7/26/07 2:00 pm
Laura did you get Dr. Garber's info yet?
jonathan R.
on 7/27/07 12:45 am - east meadow, ny
His website is www.stopobesityforlife.com and he is at Mercy Medical Center an ASBS Center of excellence.  You can email himthroguh his website and he responds very quickly.
wvphotogirl
on 6/12/10 9:00 am - St. Albans, WV
Did you have the ROSE or Stomaphyx? I noticed on your surgeon page it said (as an update) that you had the ROSE procedure. On here it says stomaphyx. Please let me know as I have stomaphyx questions. Thanks!
Candice
Exhorter
on 7/23/07 1:52 am - Conroe, TX
Hi Everyone I spoke to a surgeon from Florida named Overcash. He told me that they do it like a scope. But he also tried to talk me out of it due the fact I am a revision from a VBG from 1982 and a heavy weight. Over 350 lbs. He said " I will never get the weight loss I desire going with this surgery because I am so obese. So that put that out for me!!! But it sounds like it would be good for others who only needed say 50 -75bs or less.
Cheryl J.
on 7/26/07 2:02 pm
Im not claiming to be a doctor, but I have to agree with Dr. Overcash. Have you considered doing a revision surgery?
Stefanie Bailey RN
BSN RNFA ...

on 7/25/07 8:51 am - Bandera, TX
One surgeon described it like making baffles in the stomach to reduce the size of the pouch and stoma.  It sounds like cost ranges from about $8500-10,000.  There is a doctor in TX that is doing this procedure, he also does Lapbands and Bypass.  Email me if you would like more information. Stef 
faybay
on 7/27/07 7:28 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
I am scheduled to have the Stomaphyx procedure on August 15 with Dr Overcash.  The fee is as follows:  Doctor Overcash $1500 Anesthersiologist $500 and Hospital $7500.  The initial consultation is $350, but may be covered by insurance.  The only rip off is the hospital because self pay must pay higher rates than the insurance companies.  At the rate of my regain, I will be dead in two years, so borrowing $10,000 is worth it. Fay **320/225-lowest 164 10/23/01 Dr. Perez Open RNY 150 cm West Palm Beach
Most Active