StomaphyX Question

cheyenne16
on 8/1/07 12:41 am - Post Falls, ID
There were 4 of us done on the same morning on 6/7/07.  The Dr. had us on liquids and heavy liquids (cream soup, yogurt, etc.) for two weeks.  After that we were told to go back to eating protein normally, slowly to get used to it again.  It was a lot easier than after gastric bypass. There was no pain in eating, only a very quick feeling of fullness. You're going to be so happy to experience the satiety again and the hunger going away. Cheyenne
kelleykeith
on 7/22/07 4:41 pm - New York, NY
Cheryl: How's it going with your revision plans?  I'm seeing Dr. Bessler at Colubia Presb. the first week in August for the tests and will then hopefully progress to EROS which his office recommended instead of sclero.  I just hope I'm not making a mistake by trying another procedure that is mostly restrictive instead of DS in which wt. is lost primarily by malabsorption.  We'll see...
Cheryl J.
on 7/22/07 6:34 pm, edited 7/22/07 6:34 pm
Hi Kelley, Iwas approved for another WLS, I would go for it especially if insurance is paying for it.  I think I am going for the Stomaphyx procedure w/ Dr. Garber as long as insurance approves it. If I am having problems with the insurance, then I will go with Dr. Bessler.   I have an appt. w/ Dr. Garber  in the beginnng of August, and Dr. Bessler towards the end.  I am leaning towards the Stomaphyx because it sounds like it is more permamnent.  But who knows, until all of us come back next year and discuss our progress!
jonathan R.
on 7/23/07 8:30 am - east meadow, ny
You should look into seeing my surgeon Dr. Garber ( www.stopobesityforlife.com )  I had the stomaphyx and it is working great.  I looked in Bessler and his is a research study and they are using a device that is not FDA approved.  The stomaphyx procedure is FDA approved.  Also they had very strict criteria of who can get into the study because it is a study and Dr. Garber was much easier to get the procedure scheduled with less requirements.  Let me know if you have any questions.
Kaci Campbell
on 7/23/07 9:23 pm - Avondale, AZ
I have my first consultation with Dr. Schlesinger in Phoenix, AZ on August 6th.  He will now be doing the SomaphyX procedure!!  I'm so excited because I was struggling with the added cost of traveling to New York or Florida to have it done.  I look forward to reading about your ongoing experiences with this.  I'll post things I find out as well.  YEAH!!!!!
Amyiable
on 7/23/07 10:06 pm
Congratulations!  What is he charging?  I know what you mean about the added cost for travel.  At least all of it will be a write-off on my taxes.  Including hotel, flight, car.  I contacted two new docs in Virginia, but they say they won't be set up to start the procedure for several months yet.  They don't even know what they will charge.  They are actually a 5 hr drive from me anyway.  I'm in Virginia & New York is closer than Florida.  However, New York is higher in cost, because Dr. Gerber want preop, post op & nutrition consult.  It require more days & possibly more than one flight.  And, you don't know what the doctor will do until he looks at you with the endoscope in the preop.   I know this is reasonable, but it is with less certainty & seems more costly.   With Florida, I can fly down Monday night, meet with doc & scope on Tues, surgery on Wed, fly home on Thurs.  Amy
Kaci Campbell
on 7/24/07 12:34 am - Avondale, AZ

Best of luck to you.  I won't know how much the procedure is until after my consultation, but I'll be sure to let you know.  The first 10 patients will get a noticeable discount.

JRinAZ
on 7/24/07 3:43 am - Layton, UT
Hey Kaci! I'm going to be one of Dr. Schlesinger's first ten patients as well!  I heard that he'd have his prices listed by next week.  He's supposedly still "under construction" with his new office location and new name and so his website won't go "live" until sometime this week.  I'm sure there will be details on it though  www.azwls.com  Good luck to you!  I'm hoping for a 30 pound loss from regain (open stoma). Joyce in az
Kaci Campbell
on 7/24/07 4:11 am - Avondale, AZ
This is awesome!  Keep all of us informed.  Maybe we'll cross paths at the office. 
Cheryl J.
on 7/26/07 1:54 pm
I hear you Joyce! I would be happy with a 30lb loss!  I would like to lose more, but if I lost 30lbs that would put me 15lbs away for my ULTIMATE goal. Cheryl
Most Active