StomaphyX Question

jonathan R.
on 7/22/07 12:41 pm - east meadow, ny
My insurance covered the procedure.  I am on a stage 2 bariatric diet - mushy diet, no solids for 2-3 weeks.
Cheryl J.
on 7/22/07 7:06 pm

Amy, what insurance do you have because it seems like most of the major insurance companies are approving it?

Amyiable
on 7/22/07 9:45 pm
I have Aetna PPO.  The doctors office submitted for precert with a long letter.  The Doctor appealed the denial & spent a half hour talking to the Aetna medical person & it was somewhat of a fight.  In the end, they did not approve... I don't know why?  Do you have any thoughts or advice?  Thanks. BTW, when I spoke with the Las Vegas & Ohio locations, they aren't even submitting for insurance because they said ins companies aren't approving.  So I was told.  Amy
Cheryl J.
on 7/22/07 10:19 pm
Really...then I have been misinformed.   Jonathan has the Empire Plan and he got approved.l Jonathan is the Empire plan the same as Empire PPO or something different? 
Cheryl J.
on 7/22/07 7:39 am
Jonathan glad to hear you are doing well. Your insurance didn't cover the procedure?
jonathan R.
on 7/22/07 12:40 pm - east meadow, ny
Insurance covered my procedure.  So far so good.
cheyenne16
on 7/28/07 9:30 am - Post Falls, ID
Jonathan, I had this procedure done on 6/7 in Las Vegas.  I have asked the Dr.'s office to bill my insurance but they tell me they do not have codes for it because it's so new. Do you know if your Dr. used a certain code to do the billing? Any information would be appreciated. I have lost 15 lbs. since my procedure and have only 15 to go to get to my goal. Cheyenne RNY 2-11-2002 252 to 122 then up to 161 want to be 130
stacy B.
on 7/28/07 12:45 pm - Wantagh, NY
My doctor definitely billed my insurance.  I do not know what codes he used but will try to find out for you. Tell your doctor to contact the stomaphyx company to get the codes.  How are you doing since the procedure?  Isn't it awesome to feel that restriction again?
cheyenne16
on 7/29/07 12:18 am - Post Falls, ID
Stacey, It's so SO AWESOME to feel the restriction again.  I would REALLY appreciate it if you are able to get me the codes they billed under.  The billing person at the surgeon I went to hasn't a clue supposedly.  It's very frustrating. It's so nice t have clothes fitting and my favorite skirt is too big now and falls off.  Now I can wear smaller things that I couldn't get into after the regain.   I love shopping for new things too! Cheyenne
Amyiable
on 7/31/07 9:47 pm
Cheyenne, What did you eat & how much did you eat for the first two weeks after your StomaphyX?  I'm scheduled for August 22, & trying to get a plan so I don't screw this up!   You are a pioneer & you were the first one to tell me about this so I could pursue this too.  Thank you so much!  I hope you will achieve your goal of 130!  Amy
Most Active