StomaphyX Question

jonathan R.
on 7/19/07 1:14 pm - east meadow, ny
I am feeling great.  I had no pain from the procedure and went home the next day.  I feel like I just had the gastric bypass all over again when I never felt hungry and was full after a few bites.  It is awesome and I am really excited.  Yes I was able to eat until midnight the night before the surgery.  I am on a stage 2 diet for a couples of weeks and then back on a regular diet.  I recommend the stomaphyx procedure. SO far, so good.  Email me any questions.
darnell239
on 7/20/07 12:52 pm - Columbia, SC
Jonathan, glad to hear you are feeling great!  Please keep the forum updated on your results.  I am considering this procedure ( as soon as I save up $10,000).  Do you have to have a second treatment?  I heard that sometimes people have to have 2 or 3 sessions for the full effect?  Also, did your insurance pick up any of this procedure?
Cheryl J.
on 7/22/07 7:38 am
Darnell there is no such thing as having 2 or 3 procedures with the Stomaphyx procedure.
darnell239
on 7/22/07 9:30 am - Columbia, SC
Dazzling Eyes, You are right .  I was getting this procedure mixed up with scleratherapy.
Cheryl J.
on 7/22/07 6:41 pm
Oh I had a feeling you were after I read your post.  By next year, we will all be experts with the new procedures. We might end up on Oprah,lol!
jonathan R.
on 7/22/07 12:39 pm - east meadow, ny
INsurance covered my procedure.  Hopefully one treatment will work.  So far I feel full very quickly and not hungry like soon after my initial gastric bypass.  I am sure I am losing weight.  I see the doctor Thursday to see how much Ilost.  SO far the Stomaphyx is amazing.  I recommend it highly.
Cheryl J.
on 7/22/07 7:02 pm
Jonathan thanks so much for sharing your experience.   Did you spend the night in the hospital or did you go home the same day?   And what hospital did you go to?   And this is my last question, you said you are on stage 2 of the diet.   What is stage 2, full liquids?  My mother & I both are having our endoscopy on 8/1 with my gastroenterologist, and then we see Dr. Garber the next day.   Hopefully, I can get the Stomaphyx procedure the last week in August before I go back to work.   I can't wait to start getting that "feeling" back again of feeling full fast on only a few bites of food!   My goal is to lose 50lbs which would put me at 145lbs.   That would be the lowest I have ever weighed, but I would be happy if I could just get back to 165lbs.   It's funny, my mother asked me if one can lose too much weight with the StomaPhyX  procedure.   I laughed because I was asked that question when I was getting the Gastric Bypass.   So I responded to my mom, "Mom, did you lose too much weight with the Gastric Bypass?"   She smiled, and said, "Yeah you are right, forget I asked you."
Amyiable
on 7/22/07 10:10 pm
You sound like me.  I'm almost up to 210, & I keep gaining every year.  I would love to lose 50 lbs.  I need help, FAST.   I hope you will write all about your experience.  Thanks. Amy
princesssharon35
on 2/28/11 9:25 pm
Please tell me what type of insurance do you have, if you don't mind.
Amyiable
on 7/21/07 9:36 am
Hi, Jonathan.  I was told I should have two weeks of liquid diet.  I assume that means protein drinks, juices & soups.  Does that sound right?  Dr. Overcash says the two weeks is probably overkill.  But I will do anything to help the success of the surgery.  I was denied for insurance and was also denied an appeal.  I'm not really very suprised as it appears insurance approval is not common for this.  So, I'm trying to get the money together now.  Plus travel, hotel & car costs.  Amy
Most Active