6 months Supervised Diet?

bradshaw0506
on 7/11/07 12:54 am - Chicago, IL
Does this need to be recent, like 6 consecutive months within the last year or could it have been as far back as late 2003 and into 2004?  I have documentation form my GYN that shows significant weight fluctuations from 2005 to April 2007 from yo-yo dieting.  I started seeing my PCP for my weight a month ago and she put me back on my diabetes medication and now I have to start taking Zantac for my GERD again, I haven't done that in years.  My cholesterol is up, my blood pressure is up....ARGH!  How long must I carry on with this before I can approach BCBS of NJ?  I hear some folks do it for like 4 months and get approval? I really need so advice on this!  Somebody? Lori~ Chicago, IL Open RNY 4/28/99 SW: 296 GW: 163 (9/99) CW: 253
Cathy A.
on 7/12/07 1:04 am - Modesto, CA
I would call the insurance now and find out what the want done. My insurance is Pacific care and they require a 6 month coaching course so going to the PCP would not work. Insurances are different but they should tell you what the expect before you get the authorization.
bradshaw0506
on 7/12/07 1:26 am - Chicago, IL
Thanks for the response.  I was begining to think no one loved me. I called Horizon's BCBS of NJ and they said a "supervised diet for 6 consecutive months" which would mean seeing a doctor every 30 days, and if you did WW you would have to go every other month.  However, I'm discovering that this 6 month thing doesn't have to be recent, within the last couple of years.  I've got that. Phew! I also researched my insurance on OH and saw that no got denied, no appeals, no 2nd letters.  So I'm hopeful but wouldn't it just be my luck that I get a big fat NO! LOL! Lori~
Cathy A.
on 7/12/07 5:02 am - Modesto, CA
Sure your loved Lori,  I also would talk to your wls Drs  insurance personel. They know all the requirements for approval. It helps to get in good with the Secrataries. They can help or hinder. And remember to keep a copy of all records, labs, tests, everything so you have it in case they get lost and they do get lost.  Cathy
Most Active