When is it a good time to...?

mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 7/3/07 1:08 am - Slimmin on Down, PA
When is it a good time to look into having revision surgery? I am about a year and a half out. I made the century club but I am afraid that I won't lose anymore. When is a good time to talk to my doctor about having revision surgery? Will my insurance cover this? PLEASE HELP!!!
"FOOTPRINTS IN THE SANDS OF TIME WERE NOT MADE BY SITTING DOWN"-UNKNOWN
queendeneen
on 7/3/07 2:11 am - LOUISVILLE, KY

Since you are so new, I would suggest to try to get back to basics like water, exercise, protein, and making better food choices.  I know over time we fall back into our old ways of eating and it's hard to stop.  I did the same thing and that's why I ended up getting a revision.  I am 5 years out from having the RNY and just had a revision to the lap band.  I noticed at 2 years that I wasn't losing any more weight.  I started doing the diet thing again.  Weigh****chers, La weight loss, diet pill, and finally a Weight loss Dr.  None of it helped.  My insurance stopped paying for it after 5 people at work had it so I was stuck.   I really start getting scared when I started gaining weight about 8months ago.  I gained back 40 lbs of the 130 I had lost. (I wanted to lose 180)   I discovered that my husbands insurance covered it so I got on his and  started the process to get it approved.   Do you still qualify ?  Your BMI has to be  35-40+ to even qualify for insurance coverage. I do consider my first surgery a success because I lost 80% of my excess weight and kept it off for 5 years.    I wouldn't have been able to do that without the surgery.  This time though , I feel I will finally reach my goal of having a normal BMI and I will not take this 2nd chance for granted.   Good luck,  Queen Deneen  

What you believe, you can achieve!!

mZ gRoWn *N* sExY
on 7/3/07 2:21 am - Slimmin on Down, PA
Thanks for your advice!
"FOOTPRINTS IN THE SANDS OF TIME WERE NOT MADE BY SITTING DOWN"-UNKNOWN
Most Active