GRIPE about pulled post

deann
on 6/29/07 3:40 pm - Brandon, MS
I am so ANGRY - I happened to GRIPE about the cost of the StomaphyX surgery, and I did not use any foul language, or say anything inappropriate, and my post got PULLED - All I said was that for a 20-40 minute procedure, that only required twilight sleep, not general anesthesia, it sure was awful that it cost $9,500-$10,000 - I have no idea why the post was pulled - I do not understand why my post was pulled. I was so excited to read about this new procedure for the first time, called a doctor's office about it, and found out what it entailed, and then found out the price was $10,000....which I think is ridiculous, but it is JUST my opinion and I should be able to share it if I so desire....Maybe a few more opinions and the price might go down, so I think these kinds of posts could be helpful. It is a WONDERFUL surgery with an AWFUL price for the amount of time it takes and the cost of the instrument......IN MY OPINION
sandyfeets
on 6/30/07 7:57 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
It wasn't your post that was pulled, it was the ENTIRE thread that was pulled. The thread was posted by the doctor doing the procedure (or someone acting on the doctor's behalf.)
In essence, the thread was most likely perceived as advertising by the doctor. If he wants to advertise, he can pay for it like many other surgeons and clinics do. Otherwise, it's against the Terms of Service (TOS) that we all agree to follow when we become members.
If you don't follow the rules---you get ZAPPED! >

deann
on 6/30/07 10:26 am - Brandon, MS
Thanks - I did overreact - If I had thought abut it, I would have remembered that it seemed like it was the doctor that put that post in ....but I didn't think - thanks for replying and clarifying .... D
Kat C
on 6/30/07 9:09 am - Tuscaloosa, AL
I wish they would do some sort of notice on the messageboard when they pull entire threads. It confuses so many people! A simple "original post removed for violation of TOS - sorry but all replies went with it" would at least let people know what was going on. And as folks page back thru the pages and pages of messages, it would create a more accurate history instead of a history with odd holes that make no sense. Just my 2 cents' worth!
kc morph before after
deann
on 6/30/07 10:27 am - Brandon, MS
Thanks so much for replying and clarifying - D
Cheryl J.
on 7/2/07 5:19 am
It was me that started the thread. They pulled two of my posts because it contained all the Doctors contact info who are performing these new procedures. They call it advertising which is against TOS.  I thought I was just helping all of us out who are in the same boat as me, and looking for some help.  I would have never known about Dr. Bessler in NY if one of the members didnt post his info. Oh well, sorry.
BrownSugarDiva
on 7/1/07 4:10 am - Lynn, MA
Just wanted to say you look great!!!
Most Active