StomaphyX cost ?

deann
on 6/29/07 3:07 am - Brandon, MS
I have only seen one post for StomaphyX cost  at around $6,200 (2,900 of which was hospital cost). Anybody else with insight on cost for this procedure ?  Wondering if it will be cheaper as time goes by.... DeAnna
stacy B.
on 6/29/07 4:00 am - Wantagh, NY
I met with Dr. Shawn Garber in NY yesterday for the stomaphyx and the price was $8500 including everything for self pay but he got a bunch of unsurance companies to pay for it and it cost the patient nothing.
deann
on 6/29/07 4:41 am - Brandon, MS
That's pretty coo - I doubt my insurance will pay for it (down in Mississippi) and I was afraid it was a more than $5,000 fix, but still better than a surgical revision.....Thanks for the info - are you going to have it done - can't wait to start hearing about the outcome from this procedure..... DeAnna
stacy B.
on 6/29/07 3:24 pm - Wantagh, NY
Yes I already have it scheduled to be done in a few weeks and will let you know.
sopralto
on 7/12/07 7:52 am - WA
I was quoted $9,500. Where is it costing $6,200?
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/07 5:06 am - Brunswick, ME
I called Dr. Garber's office today and was quoted $10,000 for his fee and anesthesia.  Hospital costs are billed seperately.  I was also told that he is going to "start" doing the procedure next week.  Anyway, the woman I spoke with in his office said she needs to check with him to see about doing the surgery on me because I would be commuting from Maine.  They are concerned about me being able to get there for treatment quickly if anything should go wrong. Especially since the procedure is still so new. Angie
Most Active