A Little Support

Trudy O.
on 6/24/07 5:17 am - TN
I have a appointment with the surgeon that did my original RNY on Tuesday.  I'm very nervous.  The last time I met with him he blaimed my for my failure.  I'm now armed with the information from my last endoscopy, which is, my pouch is to small to qualify for the endoscopic sclerotherapy studies at Vanderbilt and my stoma is greater than is larger than 30mm (the instrument only measured to 30, mine is bigger). Surely he will see now that this is not my failure.  I had my initial surgery 4 years ago and only lost 40lbs.  I have gained that back in the last 2 years.  I never had the feeling of fullness after surgey,  never sick from eating.  In fact, the only thing I have received from this surgery is dumping syndrome, thanks.  Initially it was just frome eating sweets, now from anything I eat I get painful cramps, heart racing and sweats.  This is why I had the latest endoscopy. I just would like for someone to recognize  the pain I've been in and that I'm going through.  It took me two years to decide to have WLS. and for four years after I've thought and been told I was I failure.  Now I know it wasn't me, it was the surgery.  But I still struggle with the why's, why has it worked for all of these other people (don't get me wrong I'm happy for them) but it didn't work for me.  Am I sentenced to a life of being overweight and hurt. Please someone out there give me some encouragmet to get me to Tuesday.
CAM
on 6/24/07 6:11 am - Houston area, TX
I am so sorry that things are so hard right now.  I hope that things can get resolved and you can be on your way to the results you expected in the first place. Many hugs to you.

299 start/235 current/180 doc goal/165 my goal

Sherry C.
on 6/27/07 8:19 pm - Plainview, TX
Maybe you need to go to a different Dr? Sherry
                                   Highest/Surgery/Current/Goal              
        John   341/331/163/185            Sherry   345/338/201/165
        John 22 lbs below goal                   Sherry 47 lbs  till goal
 JOHN                                                               Sherry 122 inches lost

Nunyo B.
on 6/28/07 7:41 am
I would definitely go see a different doctor, especially one that is experienced in revision surgery if that is what you need.  There are a lot of doctors and a lot of possibilities out there; don't waste your time on something that isn't in your best interest, and this doctor definitely doesn't sound to be in your best interest.  Good luck and take care!
Trudy O.
on 6/28/07 11:30 am - TN
Thankyou so much for the encouragment.  My fears were well founded.  I went to see the original surgeon tuesday and he was so mean to me.  He would give me time to speak.  I'm sure he has issues with admitting that the surgery didn't go right.  But, I've wiped all that off my shoulders.  I have an appointment now with a surgeon here in Nashville and today I called the nurses on that floor (I work at the hospital) and they recommended the surgeon I'm going to.  I definitely want to choose the right surgeon, I've already had one surgery screwed up. The most important is again thankyou for your support and words of encouragement
Most Active