You CAN lose weight again!

macrobin
on 6/23/07 12:34 am
I am new to this board but I've been a member here since 01, when I had my surgery.  I have read about Dr. Warnock's 'Time Out' and I wanted to share something as an alternative that has worked for me. As most of us have, I've wrestled with weight gain over the last six years.  It started after my TT back in 03.  I got down to 147 (for about a minute) afterwards and went in weighing 155, which I only stayed there for about a month.  Most of the time, I've weighed between 165 and 170.  However, a couple of times, I've allowed myself to get to 182 and that's where I draw the line.  The first time I got back down with Weigh****chers (without going to meetings).  But this year, I decided to do something different.  Since we all seem to like to graze, I thought up something that has worked. I simply eat ONE thing every hour and I don't allow myself to get full.  I don't eat meals.  But I can eat what I want (candy bar or whatever) as long as I only eat one thing and that's it.  When I eat every hour I don't feel deprived.  I don't feel like I'm on a diet.  Now if you REALLY want to drop the pounds quick, then eat only protein every hour and that really takes it off!  I do have to drink over 64 oz. of water during this time also and I HATE water!  Ugh!  But it works! I started at 182 and I'm at 155 and I want to get to 140 and I know I will this time!  I used to wear a size 32 and now I'm in size 8 and it is awesome!  I don't have any local support groups and never have had them.  I just simply want to be thin more than I want the food and that works for me!  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

Open RNY 8/30/01

325/200

http://macrobin2000.tripod.com/

darnell239
on 6/24/07 10:39 am - Columbia, SC
Thanks for sharing with us!  I might try some of the suggestions.  Right now I'm about willing to do anything to get my weight under control.  Keep up the good work.
Divine Lady
on 7/2/07 3:14 pm - Suburb, MI
This sounds like Karen B's Timer Plan for Getting Back on Track (from the Yahoo Off Track Groups Message board). Glad to know someone has tried it and it worked.  I am also going to try it to try to speed up my metabolism. KAREN B’S “TIMER” PLAN FOR GETTING BACK ON TRACK The idea of this is to stimulate your metabolism to start burning fat and stop the grazing!!! Of course, adjust the times to your schedule, however, do NOT go past 1 ½ hours between some kind of “feedings”. 6 am coffee, tea, or some other kind of warm beverage to “get things going” 7 am 8 or more oz of PURE water 8 am protein shake 9 am 1-3 oz of protein type food* 10 am 8 or more oz of pure water 11 am protein shake noon 1-3 oz of protein type food 1 pm 8 or more oz of pure water 2 pm protein shake 3 pm 1-3 oz of protein type food 4 pm 8 or more oz of pure water 5 pm protein shake (like while cooking dinner – prevents ‘tasting” and “grazing”) 6 pm dinner 1-3 oz of food total, i.e., 2 oz of protein food, a bite or two of veggie and perhaps a ‘taste” of a complex carb 7 pm 8 or more oz of pure water 8 pm protein shake 9 pm light snack like string cheese, deli meat or cheese, about 1 or 2 oz total 10 pm 8 or more oz pure water · Pure water is very important to optimum health and to flush the fat cells through your body. You may drink crystal light, diet Snapple, flavored waters, etc., however, you still MUST get in the 64 oz of PURE water every day and do not count the water in shakes or the flavored waters UNLESS you are flavoring them yourself with lemon, etc. Propel is good, but still do not count towards your water. · You may make your protein shakes with just 1 scoop for 20 g of protein or less, but your total protein shake consumption must be at least 90 g. I use the full 30 g portion for each of my shakes, but my body requires more protein supplement. Please adjust accordingly, however the importance is actually drinking them. You can make up a half a portion in 2-3 oz of water to equal 15-20 g of protein then your daily total of drinking 5 shakes would be around 100 g which is perfect for a proximal RNY. · You will find that by setting the timer, you will never be hungry, and in fact, by the latter part of the day, you will be surprised when the timer goes off to have water, protein, or food again! · All meals must have a beginning and an end. No more than 15-20 minutes per “mini-meal”. If you are full in five minutes, STOP and discard food or put away for the next meal. It doesn’t mean that you can still eat during that hour. This constitutes grazing. · Track your food in Fitday. This helps. You will find that even tho you are eating every three hours your pouchie can’t handle as much as it could have before. · If you aren’t “carbophobic” add some whole grains to your meals, but eat them LAST. Mix all protein shakes with water and ice only. No milk or fruit. This adds calories and causes cravings for more carbs. You may add SF syrups, or mix your shakes with SF beverages, i.e., Propel, crystal light, Fruit 2-0, etc.
Divine Lady
"My 3 Rs for success: Remain focused on my goals, Remain committed, Remove Toxins from my life(toxic people, toxic situations, toxic foods)"
Most Active