Using Dr Gornichec for revison and revision question

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/07 11:17 am, edited 6/17/07 11:22 am - OK
Hello am 4 years post op as of yesterday i started at 311 and got to 179 and today i am 265 and had a baby 1 year and 3 weeks ago.  3 weeks after having my son i went on the depo and no lie in 3 months i gained 41 pounds. Went from no meds to 4 stomach, meds blood pressure meds and meds for anexity.  I spent all last week in the local hospital because of an inflamed esophagus, sliding hiatal hernia and severe acid reflux.. Now i have blisters in my mouth and have to see my primary dr on the 18th .. On June 5th i had a scope and found all these problems on June 8th was admitted to hospital on June 12th i had a  upper gi small bowl follow through were they found the same stomach problems but a mass in front of my appendix was released from hospital still sick and not able to eat on June 13th and i had  a colonoscopy on the 15th to confirm the mass wasn't cancer thank god..
Now once i have all these records i have to send to Dr Gornichec and let him view them when he gets back in a week and then we will sit down and talk about what i will be having done.. He already has the reports from the scope and from my pervious surgery 4 years ago. The dr here that fixes hernias said my bmi was to high for him to fix it and it was up to a gastric bypass surgeon to do so..
Ps i found out my stomach is twice the size it should be and this surgeon i talk to for just 5 mins in the hospital put in records i had no motivation to lost weight.. How does he know what i can do?

So anyone had a revision or used this dr?
Proud Military Mom
on 6/18/07 12:02 am - Reno, NV

Hey Marsha.. Sorry to hear about your issues.. I had my revision 6/6 and I was approved for mine because of my other issues which we have in common on one of them.. the sliding hiatal hernia.. as a matter of fact  90% of my pouch slid up and created "the biggest hiatal hernia I have ever seen" Dr Sasse informed my husband LOL   So he repaired the hernia and reinforced the diaphram muscle.. and made my pouch smaller.  Let me tell you this hurt.. the diphram work was so painful I wont lie...

Dont stress over what a doc says especially one who doesnt know much about bypass and doesnt know you..  let us know what happens!!

Debby

If you can't stand behind the troops... stand in front of them... PLEASE!

Most Active